• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA's want KCM to.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAs don't work in the cockpit so the same argument doesnt apply to them. And there are no qualifications to be an FA so any Joe schmo can get hired and be in the air within a couple weeks. I'd say it's too risky

amen. if anything there should be additional screening of the FAs.

Mechanics have licenses but arent allowed the same plivelages as you guys and gals are Hell we arent in most cases allowed to use our ID badges to get thru TSA. Doesnt anyone realize we have more acces then even you pilots? whats wrong with that picture?

They do have a license. Looks just like ours without the blood sweat and tears. Kind of like the TSA has a badge.

If they want a "license", maybe they should go take a checkride with the actual FAA? That might not be good for some senior ones.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Mechanics have licenses but arent allowed the same plivelages as you guys and gals are Hell we arent in most cases allowed to use our ID badges to get thru TSA. Doesnt anyone realize we have more acces then even you pilots? whats wrong with that picture?

LOL.. That's exactly what I was thinking. Pretty much EVERY employee at the airport (except pilots and FAs) waltzes in the back door on a daily basis.

As long as this remains the case, the entire KCM idea is a farce.

If the stews are such a security risk ,should we start positioning ourselves in a karate-like attack position every time they come into the cockpit during pi$$ breaks? Maybe some of you guys already do.....

And how often do you have to pass through the TSA checkpoints in order to perform your job?

Thanks,

How hard would it be for a terrorist organization to have a couple of their people hire-on with an airline. They then "buddy bid" and use their KCM authorization to clear security with some razor knives or worse. They wait for a potty break, slash some throats and voila they have control of the airplane. There is NO freaking way they should have KCM. If they even consider it, we should all adamantly oppose it.

Good thing the rampers, fuelers, cleaners, provisioners, gate agents etc. etc. etc. don't have KCM! They might be able to do the same thing!

Oh, wait...... :rolleyes:

While I'm all for FA's having access to KCM, the difference between us and them is we already have control of the A/C. FA's would have to take control to get control. There is NO point in checking us for weapons as we wouldn't need them, anyway, to cause harm. An FA would likely need a weapon to cause harm. A coke can slammed to the back of my head while my partner is out pi$$ing might do it, though.

And what if you are a small she and the FA is a huge he?

Latest resources

Back