Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxJet

Who wants a MUSTACHE RIDE
I've received a question from a former student with Asiana Airlines unfortunately I am a corporate pilot now and really don't know the answer so I was hoping some of you could help me out.
The question is:
Under FAR Part 121.515 when two crews are required for international flights should a given individual be logging the entire flight time towards the 1000 hours in 12 calender months or just the time at the controls.
Thanks in advance gentleman

Good question. If you are a required crewmember for the flight then it counts towards the 1000.

FoxJet said:
I've received a question from a former student with Asiana Airlines unfortunately I am a corporate pilot now and really don't know the answer so I was hoping some of you could help me out.
The question is:
Under FAR Part 121.515 when two crews are required for international flights should a given individual be logging the entire flight time towards the 1000 hours in 12 calender months or just the time at the controls.
Thanks in advance gentleman

For any Part 121 flight requiring 2 crewmembers, both crewmembers must log the flight time regardless of time at controls.

Thanks for the quick reply, but just to clarify, its a Flight from ABC to XYZ lasting 12 hours, there are 4 required crewmembers (2 Capt and 2 F/O's) Each Crew will be at the controls for 6 hours.
Here is the question:
At the end of the day all 4 people will log 12 hours toward the 1000 hr in 12 month requirement (FAR Part 121.515).
Do I understand this correctly. Thanks Again

Latest resources

Back