• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA (F9) question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH pilots need to stop lookin up BB's dress .Then tellin the rest of world they didn't see anything. Then claiming that "we" bought you ! Well what is it ? Did You buy us , or you dont have anything to do with it ?

"WHY DO YOU STILL CARE?" If you do nothing else in further responses, please just answer this one. And don't say "I don't care" because your actions clearly indicate otherwise.

We keep hearing "F9 is still in play" from Management types and Union types. I guess, some of us are trying to figure out...what they are talking about?

I am interested in the F9 story because, I want to know what they (Management/Union) are talking about. I want to see how it ends, do the F9 guys get everything promised to them by Bedford? Did they make the right more??

We keep hearing "F9 is still in play" from Management types and Union types. I guess, some of us are trying to figure out...what they are talking about?

I am interested in the F9 story because, I want to know what they (Management/Union) are talking about. I want to see how it ends, do the F9 guys get everything promised to them by Bedford? Did they make the right more??

You make another good point. My question was intended to expose the difference in two distinct types of people on the FI boards, to be found in their answer to that question. (Type 2 surpisingly took the bait within minutes)

(1) There are those who want to follow these developments because they are very important in our industry. They cautiously point out all of the ways that this Regional-buying-the-major experiment can go wrong, towards a beneficial and constructive end.
(2) And then there are the ones (such as 'smart, successful guy') who continually reveal their true hope that these things go wrong for us, because they feel like a 'spurned suitor' and believe that the idea of people losing their jobs makes for good theater.

Quoting 'smart, successful guy' one more time, my desire was not to stifle discussion so I could 'suffer in private'. Since I have not suffered at all yet in this deal, that doesn't even make sense. This dialog will surely continue, as is everyone's right. I only question those who crave some type of egotistical vindication by using this board as a medium to make any pilot group 'suffer in public'.

And if you find out any more about us being in play, please forward it on. Nobody would be more interested than myself.

Since I started this post, I want to clarify that it has nothing to do with the SWA/F9 deal. Only with what realities may be around the corner for F9/Republic, and how they may affect bargaining power in the future for all carriers it the outcome propigates further movement of flying from "majors" to "regionals"

RJ f/O (arjayeffo) - Don't worry about F9 being in play, I was in one of the GK base visits. He said "it was dead (F9 and SWA) but you never know how this industry will play out". Rumors at SWA sometimes get legs and have difficulty dying. Up until the day F9 exited Bankrupcy I was still hearing "RAH is 30 M short". So now the rumor that won't die is "F9 is still in play". There is nothing to it. I think All the schadenfreude(er's) and BB haters fail to appreciate what a good job Sean Menke has done in the building next to their crew hotel on Tower Road. I am waiting to see how that BB/SM thing works out as I believe that SM is the smarter airline exec.USMC - if you are still reading this thread, thanks for the always insightful and levelheaded observation.

USMC319,

Thanks for the insight and kind words. I've been on FI since '00 and have always tried to keep the emotion out of posting. While I think the merger with SWA would've worked out in the long run with F9, I can fully understand why some at F9 didn't feel that way and things didn't work out. No hard feelings here and I only hope things work out for all the F9 and RAH folks...wishing bad things on anyone in this business can be a self-fulfilling prophecy if one isn't careful.

Dan,

There are some on this forum who claim to work for SWA that may or may not who comment in a way that is offensive to some. Since the forum is anonymous, we'll never know. It isn't unique to SWA or any other pilot who is employed by others. No company has the corner on humble or egotistical pilots...as you well know.

I've found the best way to deal with those who offend on a forum is to talk over them to the ones that you wish to influence, but you probably already know that. Most of my peers at SWA are pretty upstanding folks like the majority of the pilots I've met from other carriers.

USMC319,

Thanks for the insight and kind words. I've been on FI since '00 and have always tried to keep the emotion out of posting. While I think the merger with SWA would've worked out in the long run with F9, I can fully understand why some at F9 didn't feel that way and things didn't work out. No hard feelings here and I only hope things work out for all the F9 and RAH folks...wishing bad things on anyone in this business can be a self-fulfilling prophecy if one isn't careful.

Dan,

There are some on this forum who claim to work for SWA that may or may not who comment in a way that is offensive to some. Since the forum is anonymous, we'll never know. It isn't unique to SWA or any other pilot who is employed by others. No company has the corner on humble or egotistical pilots...as you well know.

I've found the best way to deal with those who offend on a forum is to talk over them to the ones that you wish to influence, but you probably already know that. Most of my peers at SWA are pretty upstanding folks like the majority of the pilots I've met from other carriers.

Couldn't agree with you more Chase. You made the point clearer than I did that it was only a few and I definitely don't think they represent the typical SWA pilot. I've met a lot of very good ones and as you said, when you meet other pilots face to face, the vast majority are great people, no matter what they fly or what paint scheme is painted on their airplane.
In line with what you said, my feeling is that the bashers posts on here say a lot more about them than the people they are bashing.

Latest resources

Back