• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA CA's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2....The F9 pilots bring nothing to the table, yet they are asking for everything! astonishing....I hope they go to RAH and enjoy the life of luxury that they want. Fair integration includes everything not just seniority! You have to look at the whole picture. If they get what they are asking for the bankrupt carrier will get a "windfall". No one is talking about the SWAPA protections, just the protections of the F9 guys.. I truly wish them the best, but you have to be realistic about what you are demanding.

Greed? F9 CA's wanting CA seats and SWA pay is not greed?

Probably too early to say, on the surface I'd say, no, it's not. If they bring a captain's seat to the merger on a similar gauge aircraft their contribution ought to be respected. However, final determination ought to come under an agreed to process, failing that A-M LPPs should determine what is fair and equitable after each side presents their arguments. It's called due process and barring a mutually agreeable solution it's the best way to resolve the issue.

Greed? F9 CA's wanting CA seats and SWA pay is not greed?

That happened with DL's Pan Am purchase too. Some 747 drivers rebid into DL 767ER left seats almost immediately, and finished their careers still flying to Europe, but with better pay and a DL uniform. It happens. Now, I don't think every F9 guy should be thrown in there in the exact seat they are in now, but a staple is ridiculous. Sorry, that is asking for too much, and makes you look like the greedy one, since you will benefit from what they do bring to the table. You are negating everything they bring, and you will lose out if this doesn't go also. If you don't care, then don't respond. It is obvious all of you SWA guys know what good things could happen, and you are trying to roll the dice too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You guys are missing the point. The "law of the land" has no standing here b/c we won't buy them if we can't agree to terms first. I know that as a middle of the road SWA FO I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I read this deal is falling apart. How did an F9 pilot feel when he read the same thing? The answer to that is the true measure of "career expectations".

FDJ2....The F9 pilots bring nothing to the table, yet they are asking for everything! astonishing....I hope they go to RAH and enjoy the life of luxury that they want. Fair integration includes everything not just seniority! You have to look at the whole picture. If they get what they are asking for the bankrupt carrier will get a "windfall". No one is talking about the SWAPA protections, just the protections of the F9 guys.. I truly wish them the best, but you have to be realistic about what you are demanding.

You mean they PERSONALLY don't bring anything to the table, (you think they would all fail your interviews) or F9 doesn't bring anything to the table? Gary Kelly doesn't think so. You immediately would dominate DEN by far, you get a Dash-8-400 operation, and you cut down on a new, larger competitor--Republic. Why can't you see that? You only see $$$$ for your faster upgrade. You don't give them any credit, and their current contract ties them in with the company. Wow, talk about cocky.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What a disgrace the SWA pilots are trying to staple the F9 pilots. The SWA pilots are a classic case of PFT generation, who think they deserve everything. The fact is that the vast majority of SWA pilots paid for their jobs. They had to go out and pay for a 737 type to get considered. That is PFT. Frontier got theirs the honest way.

M

Why are you guys that have no bone in this discussion getting so involved? I'm actually quite impressed by F9 pilots' current disipline in not getting involved, right now.

The probleme with a staple from a middle of the road f9 fo standpoint is that it will most likely result in a furlough. WN stating they only wanted 40 aircraft pretty much gauranteed this.

The probleme with a staple from a middle of the road f9 fo standpoint is that it will most likely result in a furlough. WN stating they only wanted 40 aircraft pretty much gauranteed this.
[FONT=ARIAL,]From the Dallas Morning News: "Frontier’s pilot union rejected the offer from SWAPA that included job protections for ALL Frontier pilots, pay increases of up to 40 percent when Frontier pilots transitioned over to Southwest’s seniority list and other considerations."
[/FONT]

If SWAPA has its way with the staple, it's furlough fodder for the junior SWA pilots.

Latest resources

Back