• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueJuice said:
Is it okay to sill have "unclean thoughts" about Britney Spears?

I say if it's ok for Bob Dole to have them on television, it's ok for me in my own home. :)

Would be be a scab if I was drinking Pepsi in my Buick?

Double -negative scabbing...

Wiggums,

I think you are okay there. As you would be scabbing on two issues simultaneously, they algebraiclly cancel each other out. So you are safe.

Remember though, two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights...make a left.:)

I like Bob Dole

Ok, sounds like I'll be safe this time. However, I'd better not get a sunroof. What if I looked up and saw a Delta jet above me? Triple scab scrore! I'd be a marked man for the rest of my life. :)

Come to think of it, I'd better keep the radio off too...

kilomike said:
Two scabs who crossed the picket line when the Screen Actors Guild went on strike:

Britney Spears (did commercials during strike--do not recall company name)

Tiger Woods (did a commercial for Buick during the strike.
Thank you!

Hmmm, we're they on strike in Canada. As I recall, Tiger went to Canada to do those commercials.

But geez, who cares!:))

Let's see Tiger Woods. Sports figure extraordinaire. I doubt he is a card carrying member of the SAG.

Briteny Spears, Singer. I doubt a card carrying SAG member as well.

Kilomike I envy you if this is some of the pressing issues you need to worry about.

More mindless drivel.

boscenter said:
Nope, no scab here. I'm just a CFI trying to make some sense out of this.

I'm all about advancing the profession, but if a union were to take an action that fundementally crossed my beliefs, I'd be the first to cross the line.

WOW, I hope to never fly at an airline with you. sorry but UNION is how the game is played. Back your brother (or sis) move and stand strong, not stab them in the back and take thier wallet (or purse).

If not for strong unions, pilots for UAL, AAL, DAL, would be treated, and paid like City bus, Gray hound, School bus! The diffrence was that airline pilots stood togther and said "WE WILL NOT TAKE THIS" You are riding on the backs of those before you. Please, Please stay at CFI-ing.

Yes

Tiger and Brittaney are members "card carrying"of SAG because it was required for some commercial work, although I am sure it would take some searching for them to come up with the card let alone care anything about it.

Secondly, "if not for strong unions ... paid like school bus drivers?" Excuse me please! This has always been a profession looked up to and revered, paid well and treated well for the most part, unions or non-union. Let's get a grip on reality here.

ALPA is not keeping people from the food lines. They can contribute but lets keep a sense of value.

Uh, sorry,
Before unions, flying was not well paid and respected. It was not at all un common to have an entire pilot group called to a meeting and told "Look we have got to cut costs, so you are all fired. If you want a job for half of what you maid, sign here. if not, there is the door. It is truly a sad day when we forget our past. try picking up a copy of "flying the line"
Or better yet, work for an airline.

Fundamental Beliefs...

I'm all about advancing the profession, but if a union were to take an action that fundementally crossed my beliefs, I'd be the first to cross the line.

Like what, more safety, better pay, work rules which improve your quality of life, life insurance, loss of license insurance, legal representation, medical info and advice, job protection, and collective bargaining power. Which of these abhorrant services and benefits might cross your beliefs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back