• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Family Guy" and flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i love how you guys have changed your avatars to family guy!!! i guess i will too.... :)

Ok, Ill join the geek gay club ;)

cforst513 said:
hey, can you hook up a computer to your TiVo recorder to download the programs? i don't have TiVo, but my bro does and he has no idea.

Yes, you can (sort of).

It involves hacking the tivo by putting a network card into the tivo (atleast on older tivos, newer tivos might be different). You can then hook it into the home ethernet and access (down load etc.) the contents of the Tivo with third-party software available online.

Newer models support multiple tivos in the same house, where you can transfer shows between units. There is probably a way to tap into that feature to gain access to the shows stored on the tivo, but I am not familiar with anyone who has done that (it can be painfully slow to x-fer shows between tivos that way).

I haven't done these hacks myself, but I have seen the results first hand on my bother's Tivo. He hacked his tivo to install a bigger hard drive and to add the network card.

-oh, and from what my brother has told me the tivo stores the mpeg-2 video and audio seperately. So once you get the data onto your computer you may have to run it through an application to 'combine' the data again depending on the which app you use to pull the data off the tivo.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back