• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

Family Airlines
Flight Crew Application
Thank you for your interest in joining Family Airlines flight crew. Family Airlines has been receiving approximately 500 resumes per week from pilots all over the world requesting an opportunity to join its flight crew.
In order to cover the cost of reviewing these resumes, we have decided to charge a fee of $50 to submit a formal application and obtain a priority number. This fee will not only help Family Airlines cover its cost, but separate those who are truly interested in obtaining a flight crew position.
Please understand by submitting this fee along with the formal application that will follow, is by no means a promise of employment.

pixel.gif
What a fu#$king joke

i applied there on a long shot that they would even fly. That was months ago. I won't be updating for that piece of SHuT Airline.

They are starting in the rong foot. Who do they think they are FedEx.

Danger, Danger, Danger, Danger Stay away........

Family Airlines has been receiving approximately 500 resumes per week from pilots all over the world requesting an opportunity to join its flight crew.
In order to cover the cost of reviewing these resumes, we have decided to charge a fee of $50 to submit a formal application and obtain a priority number. This fee will not only help Family Airlines cover its cost, but separate those who are truly interested in obtaining a flight crew position.
Please understand by submitting this fee along with the formal application that will follow, is by no means a promise of employment.

pixel.gif

What a fu#$king joke

P.T. Barnum was right...

I downloaded their application. The CEO is a chiroprator.

Quick summary: they're planning on 100% load factor, 50% of revenue from advertising and two B747s flying opposite directions on MIA-JFK-LAX.

It's just goofy.

They had to include the CEO's resume in the DOT filing and on the second page (below "custom house builder") you'll see that he was also CEO of Family Airlines in 1992, which was voted "best" of something by Consumer Reports.

Goofy as well, since it never flew.

I give them 12-24 months before they close the door. Why anyone would want to start/operate an airline these days is beyond me. I wonder if they know what the failure rate for startup discount airlines is over the last 20 years................

They don't even have planes yet. And yes...when they close the doors before they start up, they will keep the application fees. Kind of an ornate "Get Rich Quick" scheme

Latest resources

Back