Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Any of you pistol-packin' O'Reilly types want to give us the spin-free version? I know you can't give specifics, but does this signify positive changes coming in the program, or a step backwards?

WASHINGTON, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is statement on the retirement of FAM Director Tom Quinn by Kip Hawley, TSA Assistant Secretary:

Tom Quinn, Director of the Federal Air Marshals (FAMS), announced yesterday his retirement from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Shortly after 9/11, Tom took on the herculean task of creating the modern-day FAMS.
These past four years have presented several challenges for the FAMS. Throughout it all, Tom has demonstrated extraordinary leadership, strength and commitment to our mission.
Tom guided the transition of the FAMS from a small group of professionals to its position today as a highly respected member of the entire law enforcement community. He enhanced the reputation of FAMS among stakeholders in the aviation domain, government at all levels and the American public.
Tom ensured a smooth transition for the FAMS back to TSA, and he has also been a tremendous help to me personally, in countless ways. Every hour of every day, Tom brought intensity, creativity, energy, and complete loyalty to the job.
I commend Tom for his remarkable service and lasting contributions to our nation's security. I will miss his wise counsel, class and good humor. He made a lasting mark as a man of integrity and honor, who answered the call when his country needed him. The TSA workforce and I wish Tom the very best in retirement, continued good health, and sincere thanks for a job well done.

Hey,
GWB needed to find a new job for "Brownie",FEMA did not work out so good, what could he fuk up at the FAM program? Lessee, Take a qualified, competent, and motivated managers and replace them with cronies, what a novel concept.
PBR

Latest resources

Back