• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 7X

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, just when I'd given up on FI for intelligent conversation!
From the viewpoint of a multi-Falcon operator, we have decided that the 7X doesn't offer much more than our 900EX in the way of passenger comfort. The interior layout is exactly the same, with a few inches added between every seat row. Sure that makes it easier to berth the seats, but that's a lot of cash for a little bit of convenience.
Our company is evaluating aircraft for Florida to Asia missions, and the 7X just doesn't cut it. We were all pulling for it, because we love the Falcons we have (900EX, 50, and yes, even the 10,) but the competition is too much. Our VIPs toured the 7X, GLEX, and 550 at NBAA, and the 7X is not even in the discussion anymore.
As someone mentioned, I think it will be a blast from a pilot's perspective, but the pax pay the bills...
Looks like we're going to Savannah.

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide on Gulfstream?

I'm betting for the same reasons that three out of four Ultra-Long Range aircraft buyers select Gulfstream jets over the Pseudo French airplanes - range, speed, reliability and product support.

GV

I'm betting for the same reasons that three out of four Ultra-Long Range aircraft buyers select Gulfstream jets over the Pseudo French airplanes - range, speed, reliability and product support.

GV

PSEUDO FRENCH AIRPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This could mean war unless apologies and retractions are made................
I await your tearful contraction, GVFlyer. (something along the lines of Tammy Fay Baker would be good:bawling:)

I await your tearful contraction, GVFlyer. (something along the lines of Tammy Fay Baker would be good:bawling:)

What else would you call those Bombardier guys up in Montreal? Hosers?

GV

9 out of 10 times it comes down to product support. I most cases the Aviation Director has some input as to which direction he wants to go with a new aircraft purchase.

Know that the CEO is going to blame you, when it brakes. Which aircraft mfr are you going to go with?

I have been down this road before, with all sorts of corporate jets. It's bad enough when you have to tell them they can't go, but not having an answer to the inevitable question, "when can we go?" is not acceptable. The beauty of working with the folks in SAV is that they don't ever put you in that position.

Spares availability and tech support are second to none.

My principal loved the GEX cabin but the stigmatism of the poor product support and its relationship to the 600/601 series were key factors in determining that GAC was what he wanted.

What else would you call those Bombardier guys up in Montreal? Hosers?

GV

Sorry GV. Guilty of "Posting while Intoxicated." Thought you were referring to.........well, never mind.
Please remember, because of time differences, I am often drinking while you guys are having breakfast!

It's ok, I often drink my breakfast

Latest resources

Back