Falcon 50 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falconpilot

Just curious if any of you guys have a climb charts for a 50 with 3d motors... We have the FSI climb charts in our plane and we use them.. But they are for C engines.. We talked to honeywell and they just gave us temp limitations, 885 climb and 870 cruise... I've been taking it easy on our engines and have been running them at about 860 in the climb. If you fly the temps then you at 99% almost all the time... After flying the 900, and 50EX, this cant be right. Theres got to be some climb charts out there somewhere.. Maybe ive just overlooked them somewhere.. They should give you new charts whenever you get a engine mod done..right?

I wish I could help you but to be honest I can't. I operated a leased Falcon 50 with -3D engines. The only climb power charts that I had were the original that came with the airplane when it was delivered from the factor with the C type engines.

I talked to Honeywell and after talking to 5 different people I got 5 different answers. Then I contacted some other Falcon pilots that had -3D engine and finally ended up flying the airplane like the pilots said how they flew the 3D engine.

The bottom line answer was use what you need and keep the temps out of the yellow. I would come out of London Luton with full fuel, usually 4 paxs going non-stop to Bangor Maine, climb straight to FL380 and be assignined a cruise Mach of .80 and could do that with no problem with the 3D engine.

Of course with the Falcon 50EX one just needs to keep the little pointy thingies pointed at the cute little blue power indexes on the RPM gages.:p And on the 900EX just let the auto-throttle take care of the power.

Last edited:
I wish I could help you but to be honest I can't. I operated a leased Falcon 50 with -3D engines. The only climb power charts that I had were the original that came with the airplane when it was delivered from the factor with the C type engines.

I talked to Honeywell and after talking to 5 different people I got 5 different answers. Then I contacted some other Falcon pilots that had -3D engine and finally ended up flying the airplane like the pilots said how they flew the 3D engine.

The bottom line answer was use what you need and keep the temps out of the yellow. I would come out of London Luton with full fuel, usually 4 paxs going non-stop to Bangor Maine, climb straight to FL380 and be assignined a cruise Mach of .80 and could do that with no problem with the 3D engine

Of course with the Falcon 50EX one just needs to keep the little pointy thingies pointed at the cute little blue power indexes on the RPM gages.:p And on the 900EX just let the auto-throttle take care of the power.

Oh how I miss the 50EX... I had the privilige of picking up a brand new one from LIT a couple of years ago... What a machine

Oh how I miss the 50EX... I had the privilige of picking up a brand new one from LIT a couple of years ago... What a machine

What a rocketship. I absolutely loved flying a light 50EX

Just curious if any of you guys have a climb charts for a 50 with 3d motors... We have the FSI climb charts in our plane and we use them.. But they are for C engines.. We talked to honeywell and they just gave us temp limitations, 885 climb and 870 cruise... I've been taking it easy on our engines and have been running them at about 860 in the climb. If you fly the temps then you at 99% almost all the time... After flying the 900, and 50EX, this cant be right. Theres got to be some climb charts out there somewhere.. Maybe ive just overlooked them somewhere.. They should give you new charts whenever you get a engine mod done..right?
All the -Ds do is give you a bit more temperature to play with at altitude. N1s should still be set using the -C charts. If you want more info PM me and I'll send you a copy of a letter that we received from allied Signal.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back