Falcon 50 Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed 100%...
but are YOU going to tell the ProPilot writer that your job sucks, you are overworked, underpaid, benefits suck, and you have to overnight aboard the company jet while on the road...
NO...not unless you have another offer lined up...

read between the lines....

"average pay".....pay sucks
"competitive benefits".....benefits suck
"team players wanted"......slaves wanted
"attitude more important than experience"....pay REALLY sucks
"on a 135 cert. to keep the planes flying".......run, NOW.

You are very perseptive, and yes I would tell P.P the real story. Hiding the facts just propagates the nonsense that is published. Don't you think that this is seen by a good department manager. Take a poll and ask how many flight depts. turn down an interview with P.P

Thanks

A continuation of the bookwork, I've heard the pilots might be given a chance to fly the remaining one but wont because of the poor management over in LA.

G-200 & Dolittle

Be careful on your remarks on 135. you may need it to keep your job and feed your families one day. Dont let these guys fool you, if you do it for the right guy, he may share a substantial amount of revenues with you... hope your flight department budget never gets tight,, ours turned a hansome profit last year.

Anyway, At leat at 14 hours I am done!!! I have seen coutless guys in 91 do back to back 20 hour days on 6 hours rest. If doing a weight and balance on each leg, checkrides every six months, and knowing the regs scares you,, then yeah, we are just PUKES.

I read the post and called a buddy of mine... he told me this-

"run away from NGAI. its the b!tch job of southern california. I knew several folks who work there and even in this climate they're having trouble keeping folks working for them.

Its a face time company. Yes you do 91 missions, and yes you do 135 for side work, and yes you also have to be in the office from 9 to 5 just to show your alive. and they will find busy work for you while you're waiting... and yet at night - your still on call. Think duty times are a problem? ask them why the duty time sheets are filled out in pencil. You'll get phone calls for trips late at night after working all day and be told by the head honchos - don't worry about duty time - I'll fix that when I get there in the morning.

the management is horrible... NG is a great company - but in need of a complete change in the folks that run the flight ops side.

if you don't belive me - go find some of their pilots and ask them...

I'd sooner find work outside and unrelated to aviation then go to NGAI under their current management.

You only have one reputation - don't blow it working for them."

that could be part of the reason. The DA-50's were TRW's... the flight department was brought under NGAI's control. Its a sad story.

flying_gringo,

We have a thread running called "shady operators". You might want to copy and paste this info there as well...

I know of several corporate operators that have their aircraft on a 135 certificate. It doesn't make them scumbags. One prime reason is they do not use the aircraft enough to justify owning on their own. But they prefer not to go the fractional route. Another, is for billing purposes when departments or sister companies use the aircraft. And after 9/11, it may allow the company to fly sooner if the airspace is shut down again.

Another reason would be that it allows the company to put a better face on the department to the Board of Directors and the stockholders. Remember the normal flight department is a cost center. With a 135 certificate it becomes a potential profit center. And when times get difficult one of the first things to get shut down is the flight department. Been there, got that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back