Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
Falcon 50 PIC pay and PILOT INITIATED CONTRACTS?

Does anyone have a link, NBAA, or knowledged on the "RANGE" for the salary of a Falcon 50 Line Captain Part 135 (Texas/South)?

Regards,

Tex

p.s. Inteview on Tuesday...thanks Ya'll!

p.s.s. What are your thoughts on signing contracts INITIATED by the pilot. Any links or generic copies to a basic contract? Hard world out there trying to make sure the company backs up their "PROMISES."

Last edited:
So...you want to ask the employer to sign a "contract" to guarantee you certain things?

:confused:

I might not ask that in the interview..:laugh:...but if you feel you need to its probably a pretty big flag that its a dirtbag operation.

Last edited:
Thanks. The certain things being what happens in the event of......"plane being sold," "aquisition," "things slow down," etc.

I have know several guys out there that have contracts that set forth pay and guidlines "in the event of".....all void of course if your fired...which may be why its better not to have one in the first place!!!

...I wouldn't hire you if you asked me to sign an employment contract-to me it sets off a red flag on hiring someone..

Not to be a jerk, but if your going to be in the corporate world you need to accept that if the plane is sold, etc that you could end up on the street. Sucks I know, but most of us are dealing with it.

Like I mentioned in your other post you need to ask why they are hiring. Most 'good' companies are not hiring right now.

As far as pay I would say 85-95K is realistic but it depends on type of flying, benifits, etc.

I think 90 would be a realistic salary on a 50 in 135. Maybe instead of a contract see if you can get a signed letter with some sort of severance package (I guess that's the same thing as a contract). With my company we offer 2 months of pay for less than 1 yr of employment up to a yr depending on how long you've been here. Of course this is if you are laid off, not fired.

Good luck. If you have any doubts I'd stay where you are.

Last edited:
Not to be a jerk, but if your going to be in the corporate world you need to accept that if the plane is sold, etc that you could end up on the street.

Then the employer needs to accept the fact that you might move on if offered a new position and they'll just have to deal with it.

Then the employer needs to accept the fact that you might move on if offered a new position and they'll just have to deal with it.

ya, most places are pretty OK with that....especially 135 places currently advertising for pilots.

not really....that's why they start to institute training contracts....they get "burned" a few times and all of the sudden you owe them if you decide to move on

The bottom line is that at a truely good outfit you don't need a contract on either side....

The bottom line is that at a truely good outfit you don't need a contract on either side....

That's true! But, sometimes we have to do things we don't really want to. Most contracts are a yr and that flies by. I think contracts are BS, but I've signed one before to get out of the airlines. It was with a typical 135 operator

Latest resources

Back