• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 2000EASY or Soverign Thoughts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA I think that you are the first person I have ever heard that had anything good to say about the G200, I knew someone had to like the airplane for them to keep building them.

A jet with boots? NJAfracpilot is right. It has stuff the c300 doesn't as well as really liking the runway. Doubt the g200 can do Sun Valley to HNL in the summer.

I have flown and managed Bombardier/Learjets for over 10 years and have two friends flying two CL30 right now. I would say you statement and fears are a little worked up. Yes, they are not prefect, but they try and do ok. We have had no problems the last few years with parts or service. The CL30 is a really good airplane for the money and operating cost.

Your experience has certainly not been our experience. We have found that being co-located with a Bombardier Service Center has done nothing to improve legendary Bombardier support.

Your experience has certainly not been our experience. We have found that being co-located with a Bombardier Service Center has done nothing to improve legendary Bombardier support.

What are your problems? parts? repairs?

Have you guys considered an Embraer Legacy? There are several on the used market nowadays. Not the best performer but you can get some bang for your buck...

Have you guys considered an Embraer Legacy? There are several on the used market nowadays. Not the best performer but you can get some bang for your buck...
I did look at the Legacy, but quickly took it off the table. Our concern is more with the operational costs than it is aquisition cost. The Legacy had too much of a ramp presense and we wanted more speed from something of the size of the Legacy.
From the feedback I've been getting from several outlets, it looks like the Falcon 2000 EX, DX, or Easy is going to be what we settle on. The only deal breaker is going to be how soon we can get the unit online. I'm going to initiate contact with Dassault in the morning and we'll see what we can come up with from there.

Our department has a lot going on right now, so the workload in adding this to what we already have going on is getting to be too much.
Over the weekend I have considered going ahead and hiring the 3 pilots for this aircraft and turning this project over to them after they get back from initial. With everything that I have going on, it will probably be a year or so before I go to school and start flying this airplane, so I was thinking about getting the crew in place and let them get to know each other while they are working on getting the aircraft up and running. What are the thoughts on doing something like that?

You shouldn't have a problem finding any qualified people. I'm sure there are some 2000/Easy rated guys that are on the street that would love a job

Over the weekend I have considered going ahead and hiring the 3 pilots for this aircraft and turning this project over to them after they get back from initial. With everything that I have going on, it will probably be a year or so before I go to school and start flying this airplane, so I was thinking about getting the crew in place and let them get to know each other while they are working on getting the aircraft up and running. What are the thoughts on doing something like that?
I hope your purchase doesn't hit any snags, or you'll be looking for a new job.

I hope your purchase doesn't hit any snags, or you'll be looking for a new job.
That is my sole concern in not keeping my hands on this project. I'd like to think with a good enough job on the table in this environment that whoever comes in would care enough to go out of there way to make sure there are no snags. It's a tough call, as I believe in trusting those you work with (otherwise, why are they here??) and not micro managing, but let's be honest here, there's a lot on the line.

Latest resources

Back