Falcon 2000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PseudoName said:
I know of two Falcon 2000 operators in the SoCal area who pay their F/O's 40K and 65K.
What's the deal with this corp board? Anytime someone asks for payscale info, the majority of replies are what I'd expect to hear from lowball charter outfits. $40K to fly a 2000? WHY would someone agree to that wage? My old bottom-rung charter job in SoCal paid more than that (+ a type rating) to fly SIC in their WestWind.:confused:

Quality companies treat their pilots to the same pay and benefits structure as upper level management. Any dept. flying a $20M+ jet with a $40K co-pilot is far from being a "quality" company.

Slowjet- You have 6000hrs. Why are you being hired as a co-pilot? I ask because the dept's I mentioned in my previous post have hired PIC's with less time than you, zero time in type and pay them very well.

Now that I think about it, I honestly don't remember when the last time I even spoke to a genuine part 91 corporate co-pilot. I guess that they exist, but in the 25 years that I've been going to FlightSafety (twice a year) I can count on one hand the number of guys that fell into that category and they usually don't stay in that category very long - unlike the union seniority-driven situations that many of the fractional pilots have to deal with or the expense limiting considerations that drive the compensation policies of charter companies.

Remember, few, if any, corporations look at their flight departments as "profit centers" and as HMR stated, once you're hired into a corporate flight department you typically become just another member of middle management.

Most every corporate pilot that I've known was hired to fly as a captain or co-captain. The co-pilots that I've met at school, almost to a man, were working for 91/135 (charter) and fractional outfits.

To answer the original question, if you were to find a honest to goodness corporate Falcon 2000 co-pilot I would expect him to earn $80K+ per year. At least that's what s/he would make if they worked for me.

'Sled

HMR said:
What's the deal with this corp board? Anytime someone asks for payscale info, the majority of replies are what I'd expect to hear from lowball charter outfits. $40K to fly a 2000? WHY would someone agree to that wage? My old bottom-rung charter job in SoCal paid more than that (+ a type rating) to fly SIC in their WestWind.:confused:

The lowballing salaries exist in Part 91 gigs too. Maybe it is because of the qualifications of the pilot being hired. A low time CFI flying a 2000 making 40K, for example.

Bottom-run charter companies aren't that arrogant and offer 40K to fly a 2000.

Thanks to all for the response to my pay question. To answer some of the questions- it's a Part 91 job, I am inquiring about the future job opening ( I am not being hired). The company will be hiring a co-pilot. Just curious and will apply if pay is right as well as quality of life issues.

Thanks again for the info!

Thread hijack alert...

I'm afraid that the downward pressure on pay we've been witnessing in the airlines is pressing down on our end of the business. Airline types (scumbags that they are... ;) ) are trying to migrate to corporate. Corporate/Charter operators know this and are adjusting starting pay accordingly. JMO.

Sorry about the hijack.TC

Lead Sled said:
Now that I think about it, I honestly don't remember when the last time I even spoke to a genuine part 91 corporate co-pilot. I guess that they exist, but in the 25 years that I've been going to FlightSafety (twice a year) I can count on one hand the number of guys that fell into that category and they usually don't stay in that category very long - unlike the union seniority-driven situations that many of the fractional pilots have to deal with or the expense limiting considerations that drive the compensation policies of charter companies.

'Sled

They do exist... I´m one. Genuine part 91 co-pilot. I realize there aren´t many of us out there though.

AA717driver said:
I'm afraid that the downward pressure on pay we've been witnessing in the airlines is pressing down on our end of the business. Airline types (scumbags that they are... ;) ) are trying to migrate to corporate. Corporate/Charter operators know this and are adjusting starting pay accordingly. JMO.

Sorry about the hijack.TC

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Latest resources

Back