• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 2000 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it has something to do with satellite communication.

Very nice picture bcflyer!

You are correct, sat com

Yup that is SatCom... You will see it on a lot of Falcon 50's, 900's and 2000's... Allows you to maintain phone service as well as AFIS (ACARS) service over the ocean and remote areas where there are no ground stations... Very nice to have for world-wide travel. It is also a very expensive option, I believe somewhere in the $400,000-$500,000 range.

When we first got our 50EX's with that I was kinda like "Whats with the antenna there? That looks pretty ugly!" But after a while it grows on you, now I think they look funny without it!

**sigh**

One of these days I'll be able to fly one. Nice picture...almost looks like an AD for Falcon because of the scenery, lighting etc...nice stairs! :eek: :)

Click on more where it says the airport name, there are some really nice looking pictures there, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an advertisement, unless they have crew cars like that there....

Gulfstreamlover said:
Click on more where it says the airport name, there are some really nice looking pictures there, I wouldn't be surprised if that is an advertisement, unless they have crew cars like that there....

Thats the real deal there....no advertisement. The Mercedes is a common vehicle for "car service" and taxis in Europe. I have never seen a "crew car" in Europe like you find in the states. Besides, who the **** wants to drive in the U.K. anyway....at least until they figure out which side is the correct side:p

Speaking of driving, get one of those Benz's in Germany and hit the motorway! Now you're talking :D

2000Flyer

I'm still trying to get over the 5 hour drive home in Richmonds 30 year old Cadilac:p We get all our maintence done there and some how, I always get stuck driving back in it, sad part is it doesn't have A/C:(

Latest resources

Back