Falcon 20 Contract Flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

Is there much work out there for a Falcon 20 type rated pilot?

If so, what markets are best? (location)

I wouldn't be against full time employment, but I hear that these days one of the best ways to get started is as a contract pilot, and then they see if they like you.

I wouldn't be against full time employment, but I hear that these days one of the best ways to get started is as a contract pilot, and then they see if they like you.

Falcon 20 contract flying is nil in most areas from what i have seen & everyone i've talked to. I have a few friends that contract exclusively and they always joke about my Falcon 20 type being worthless. Not may Falcon 20's out there is the reason I assume.

there are a couple operators in the NY region you would have to knock on doors to get known. A useful tool would be the NBAA directory if you're a member.

Why look for a Falcon 20? You have minimum to average entry level corporate experience. You do not have a 121 job to go back to and you have jet experience operating under dificult conditions. I would go from hangar to hangar handing out resumes to anyone willing to take it. If you can find a falcon 20 that's fine but you probably wouldn't have to much trouble finding work in other aircraft. Drive up to PTK and try Tradewinds Aviation, Corporate Air Management, ect. ect.. Wear a suit and bring resumes. Get some entry level corporate time and go from there!

Good Luck

There is a Falcon 20 gig I saw with Capitolwings.com and listed on avjobs, but it might be an older listing. They have a current ad for a G200 FO in Sarasota. I suspect its the same company, but I'm not sure. Good luck!

There is a 135 out of PWA wiley post , OK. that has a F20. looks pretty nice inside. Maybe because its the only one I have seen with an interior ! But the chief pilot seemed really nice. I dont remember the name but you could call the FBO and ask or get the info from the charter guild. good luck I hope you can escape YIP !

Latest resources

Back