• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fair Wind Air Charter Info ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more hiccup of any significance in the economy and this place could close the doors without losing hardly anything except the office furniture and the computers,since they have NO REAL assets of any kind to speak of,how solid is a place like this anyway???? In my opinion NONE!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:(:mad:
Hey Special G-Farce dude, Why are you always so negative? It must be bad being such a little man in a big world. Did this company also fire you butt??:laugh:

Last edited:
I was cut like fart right before Christmas a few years ago as an owner was selling his LR31. He was getting a LR60. fWAC laid me off right before Christmas and hired guys with the LR60 type AND still charged the owner for the 2 type ratings. Facts are facts, FWAC is a "south Florida Lear operator" just lke all the rest.
Do some non flight info.com research about the former owner that is is federal perison right now.

The guy you mention being in prison has not been affiliated with Fair Wind for many years (not for at least the last 6)and sold his interest in the company a very long time ago. As far as being a South Florida Lear operation, well, it is in South Florida and they do have some Lear's but they also have a Global, G 3,4,5, Challengers, Falcon 50's, etc...of 20 plus airplanes, about 5 might be Lears (and only one of those are a 31).

Sounds like some of the bad experiences mentioned might be a tad dated. Fair Wind is still a 135 outfit, but by my accounting, they try to do it right.

His assets (FWAC) were sized by the government and sold to A.B. and another partner. As far as the DO being a recist. He is kinda a ******************************, but i never heard him make any recist remarks or jokes. The chief pilot is good guy. My comments about them being just like any other crappy south Florida 135 is spot on. There are several charter management companies just like FWAC. Low pay, washing the airplane on your day off. Sitting reserve at the hotel for days on end. I was on the road about 21 days a month. I'll be the first to admit my info may be dated. I was there several years ago. But I can't see it changing with the sAme management still in place. Dont be fooled do your research. You are an expense to them nothing else. These stories about keeping people on with no airplane to fly are just that, stories. I was laid off right before Christmas via EMAIL. Alex didn't have the decency to call me on the phone or have me come in. Your experience my have been different then mine. As with most things there are 2 sides to every story.

Wow we can't say _d_o_u_c_h_e,

His assets (FWAC) were sized by the government and sold to A.B. and another partner. As far as the DO being a recist. He is kinda a ******************************, but i never heard him make any recist remarks or jokes. The chief pilot is good guy. My comments about them being just like any other crappy south Florida 135 is spot on. There are several charter management companies just like FWAC. Low pay, washing the airplane on your day off. Sitting reserve at the hotel for days on end. I was on the road about 21 days a month. I'll be the first to admit my info may be dated. I was there several years ago. But I can't see it changing with the sAme management still in place. Dont be fooled do your research. You are an expense to them nothing else. These stories about keeping people on with no airplane to fly are just that, stories. I was laid off right before Christmas via EMAIL. Alex didn't have the decency to call me on the phone or have me come in. Your experience my have been different then mine. As with most things there are 2 sides to every story.

Man, I am not sure where you got some of this info, but A.B. definetly does not own any of Fair Wind, it is owned entirely by C.H. and his Dad, Ray. A.B is just the D.O. and is an employee of the company like everyone else. They may have been another 'crappy South Florida 135' before but not now, and not for a few years now. I don't know ANYONE that has EVER had to wash a plane there and I know AT LEAST 4 guys that were paid to stay on while a new a/c was found for them. Most guys average about 15 days of flying/sitting on the road. Very few one way's are ever sold anymore and if you sit waiting for a trip back home it is usually only a day or two.

That said, I can completly see A.B. sending an email as a form of laying off a crew as he has done it to others as well. Do I agree with that? Absolutley Not! Can he be an overbearing person at times? For sure! However, the company has improved over the years and is not a bad place to work - for a Charter company.

I'm glad to hear things have gotten better.

Latest resources

Back