• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fair Wind Air Charter Info ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not ALL at all, 2 I worked for over the years were very good at the scheduling and letting crews know, but they had a lot of their own clients and werent living off the brokerage boards to get flights.

One I shouldnt have left (grass is always greener syndrome) had a schedule that was good for the next month, and only 1 time in 5 years did we get a pop up trip and that was for a lung donor flight... on demand isnt always "on demand" like a cab service and with owners desperate to get an income to pay for their toy... just saying....

on demand isnt always "on demand" like a cab service and with owners desperate to get an income to pay for their toy... just saying....

In South Florida it is....

80% rule!!!!!!!!!

This outfit out of KSUA.... Anything good or bad to say about them ?

If I were you,I would do alot of HOMEWORK to find out as much as possible about this outfit,that is if you're seeking a position with them,since it will pay rewards later if you do!!
Rule of thumb:80% of ALL PT 135 On-demand/Charter outfits are really Pt 134.5 outfits,that cannot afford to operate the type(s) of aircraft they operate!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:angryfire

I say Fair Wind is not in your 80% of operators you mention. At Fair Wind you write it up it gets fixed... the only grumblings ever come from the mechanics who sometimes didnt want to travel to fix the plane when it wasnt in base in the middle of the night, but they did a great job. Management was very proactive in the maintenance area and adamant dont fly with a write up and get the MEL item fixed asap no matter where in the world you were, even small cuts in the tires caused mechanics to be called and tires replaced to be on the safe side.

at Fairwind, if you write it up they get it fixed becuase they don't care..It's not coming out of their pocket. They don't own any aircraft. They're all managed.

Also, the D.O/VP is a racist German. During my interview he threw out an epithet not knowing that I fit into that category. I needed a job bad so I just bit my tongue and took it up the a...Other than that, he's a nice guy. So is the CP and the other office workers.

Just don't think that your job is secure. If the a/c owner ever sells his aircraft, then you don't mean squat to Fairwind.

Just don't think that your job is secure. If the a/c owner ever sells his aircraft, then you don't mean squat to Fairwind.

That's not 100% correct. I have seen them continue to pay Pilots out of their own (not owners) pockets when planes get sold and they really want to keep the Pilot on staff for a future aircraft. They really value good people. They would have those employees work in the office until they could get them on another aircraft. I have seen this multiple times. However, if they can't or don't want to keep you on staff, then yes, you are 'on your own'. But that is true at any Part 135 Charter Operator.

As far as the D.O. being a "Racist German", well, it is true that he is German and he is definetly a 'Type A' person (arn't all Germans), but I have never heard him say anything Racist in public or private. I'm not saying that you didn't, only that I never have. Most Racist's tend to espouse that type of rhetoric on a continual basis to almost everyone around. He wants things 'perfect' but I really can't blame him for trying to run a good organization. The "Monday Morning Quaterbacking" can get annoying at times but it really doesn't happen all that often and sometimes it is actually needed. Overall, it is still the Best 135 Charter Company in Florida I believe.

No assets to speak of????

As far as South Florida Charter is concerned, they are the biggest and the best (of course, it is still South Florida..). Strong management team that have all been there over 10 years. They have over 20 a/c based in the South Florida area, all managed. From a King Air 90 up to a Global Express. They have a good reputation with the FLL FSDO and try to do things safe and right, they don't break reg's or take short cuts. They follow a strict pre-determined duty day and will not break or bend it for anyone, even if it means losing the charter.

Sounds good about the "strong mgmt team",but ALL aircraft are managed,so the company really has no assets to speak of,unless they own the hangars,or some other assets that have not been mentioned!!!:D

Last edited:
I dont think I would personally label the D.Ops a racist.. but it depends on your sensitivity level and what your definition of racism is (I once was called a racist for saying to another Pilot who was caucasian "what you talking about willis" !! ) I loved the light hearted banter in the FWAC office, it was a fun and inviting place to visit no matter who you talked to.... and the break room is always full of 'health food' . And I enjoyed the fun we had with my heritage and accent.

FWAC may be a management company, but from what I saw its a very healthy one. I have never worked at a management company before where there is 2 new crew cars sitting outside that are company owned, lunch is given to all employees most days, even if you are a free loader pilot wanting a free feed! You are paid from the minute your drug test is taken , normally on day of interview. Your pay is in your bank account at midnight, and your per diem and reimbursement checks arrive like clockwork every week. As far as the finances and the ownership you couldnt find a better operator on the SE coast I think. You can always go and sit with the owner, his office is down the back and his door it open.

AB and I were having the free lunch during INDOC and watching the news. A news flash came on talking about some illegal Brazilians doing something bad. AB shakes his head and says, "f'ing portagees". I'm 3rd gen Port from the mother country and not Brazil. I thought he would been smart enough to figure out that my last name is not the typical Northern European English name.

FWAC was a decent place to work but they are still a 134.5 operator. After Sentient dropped their contract with FWAC in '09. FWAC could only find a couple of trips a month for us. The owner lasted 4 months after that and parked his plane. AB notified us in the coldest possible way, via email, and said sorry you have no job.

Economic Hiccup!!!!!!!

One more hiccup of any significance in the economy and this place could close the doors without losing hardly anything except the office furniture and the computers,since they have NO REAL assets of any kind to speak of,how solid is a place like this anyway???? In my opinion NONE!!!!!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:(:mad:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back