• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fair Seniority Integration Concept, your ideas requested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obviously FAIR is in the eye of the beholder. Delta and lets say JB,AAI, or even skybus the delta or NWA guys would not like relative seniority and insist on doh. Otoh, anyone with Usair east would not want doh and insist on relative seniority. I still believe that dal/nw are still like enough airlines that a negotiated list that protects the dal pilots current positions while protecting our future advancement can be achieved. With that we can all be pissed and if we are smart turn our collective anger towards mgmt. and start the rebuilding of the profession.

Quoted for emphasis!

There are few opportunities for us as a profession to make significant improvements in one stride. This is one of them. All it will take is for us to do something we're not good at: negotiating with pilots instead of management.

There's a deal to be had here that's equally stinky for EVERYBODY that also just happens to benefit everybody.

Quoted for emphasis!

There are few opportunities for us as a profession to make significant improvements in one stride. This is one of them. All it will take is for us to do something we're not good at: negotiating with pilots instead of management.

There's a deal to be had here that's equally stinky for EVERYBODY that also just happens to benefit everybody.

I totally agree. I wonder if the union negotiators are back at the table? No news from the union side at all. No more leaks...nothing...I guess no news is good news.

Weeeeeell. We haven't sent negotiators. We sent in a Merger Committee. There's a difference.

Our Merger Committee doesn't have an experienced negotiator in the group. We're up to our necks in Arbitration experts...but this is a different task. We need to move the DAL guys off the dime, and get them to look forward. That will require a process that looks, smells, and sounds like "negotiation".

We've got the angry, arms-folded schtick down cold. Now we need to develop a way to coax the timid animal over to our side...so we can club it like a baby Harp seal! <--that last part's a joke!

We need to move the DAL guys off the dime, and get them to look forward.

DAL guys need to move?

Opening with "I'll take the top 500 and staple the bottom 3,000" was a poor negotiation tactic. It galvanized the DAL pilot group against any resonable offer that may follow.

Opening with something closer to reasonable would have been a much better start. The DAL group is probably tempted to go just as far off center toward their favor. How about 2 for 1 integration since DAL has 2x the widebody airframes. It seems fair after that kind of opener.

DAL guys need to move?

Oops! My bad! Thanks for catching that! They do NOT have to move. They must move only if they want to the deal to go through.

If they don't...holding tight will work just fine.

Opening with "I'll take the top 500 and staple the bottom 3,000" was a poor negotiation tactic.

Good thing that wasn't the Opener!

It galvanized the DAL pilot group against any resonable offer that may follow.

Ooopsie! Did you really mean to type that the DAL pilots would reject "any reasonable offer"?

So "reasonable" is unrealistic? Unfair? Dirty Pool?

Methinks we've spotted the problem!

How about 2 for 1 integration since DAL has 2x the widebody airframes.

Cool! I'll call the UAL or AAA MEC and you can get right on that.

This is the kind of thinking from the NWA side that DALPA is trying to avoid. Division among the pilot groups has been the M.O. for a long time and creates nothing but friction. Fences, your different from him and I'm different from you does not work to unify a pilot group and never will. When this deal is done, we will all be Delta pilots, period. You will gain or lose no more than 1-2% of your relative seniority in the new company.

I won't call you green or red or blue book; I will call you a delta pilot. I hope this is how it happens.

Or how about a 7 to 5 ratio? That would allow the DAL pilots to protect their win-fall of early retirements. Then allow the NWA pilots to move up the ratio so that they too can gain the benifits of the senior NWA retirements equal to the point where DAL pilots left early.Or maybe just DOH with fences.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back