Fair Price For A Flight Test???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No Delay

Someone has asked me to do a "Return to Service" flight test on a single engine prop plane that has just came thru some major repairs.

Airplane History: Took a hard bounce, ran off runway, nose wheel caught a taxi light and collapsed...

prop strike - engine has been overhauled.
nose strut has been replaced
spar, rib, and skin work was done on the left wing.

Just wondering what would be a fair price to do this flight and if there are any specifics that need to be done during the flight test or if a lap around the pattern is all you need?

What type of plane?

I think just a lap around the pattern is all that's needed. Preflight, runup, taxi+flight time should be ~30-40 minutes. I'd say $20 or have the guy buy ya lunch.

Like Gutenburg said make sure the repairs were documented and the aircraft is flight/airworthy. Airframe damage might warrant some maneuvers and more money but from what you described a good long runup and a couple bounce and go's should do it. 100 bucks straight cash fool!

$100 is good, but

mnixon said:
Like Gutenburg said make sure the repairs were documented and the aircraft is flight/airworthy. Airframe damage might warrant some maneuvers and more money but from what you described a good long runup and a couple bounce and go's should do it. 100 bucks straight cash fool!

You should do the above and also some configuration changes, ie, fly it with different flap settings at different speeds.

Check the insurance before you go!! Are you covered as a named insured and do you have a waiver of subrogation?? The old open pilot clause may not cover you.

Latest resources

Back