Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mein GOTT!

In 33 years it will be 100% Delta, OMG!

I missed that part in the transcript....please provide a reference.

Do you mean like this math?:
That was just a 10 year example. What do your ratios look like 15, 20 years out? Hint: It's a MUCH greater imbalance.....the kind that Bloch says they really would not like.

So, how does it look when we lose over 500 pilots each year from our side for almost 5 straight years? Is it better than stapling the bottom 3000 pilots at Delta for your dynamic list? Hey, your guy said it would only be for 5 years........talk about ridiculous. I am glad that dynamic list idea was scoffed at. (I can post the Bloch remark too)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Remember, fences and "no bump/no flush" provisions will protect everyone for at least the first few years, so complaining where you will be on day one is a moot point. .

I would dispute the fences and no bump/no flush protecting guys for a few years. That would only apply if no equipment gets moved.

But if they move 20 A319s from DTW to SLC, then guess what, 20 airplanes worth of NWA pilots are getting bumped, like it or not. Same if they move 20 MD88s from ATL to MSP.

Equipment is going to be moved. It is imperative that pilots be able to keep their bidding power from day one.

You were wrong about the merger, you were wrong about the intent of LOA 19, and you will be wrong about this arbitration-- I would guess from reading the tea leaves. What ends up being a fair integration will look much like the Delta pilots envision more than what the NWA pilots envision. Disclaimer: I could be wrong.
I LOVE IT!

Arrogance and CYA all wrapped up in a cute little package.

I LOVE IT!

Arrogance and CYA all wrapped up in a cute little package.

No, I love it. I have made no secret about the fact that it is just my reading of the tea leaves, and my logic behind it. Meanwhile you have nothing but pathetic attempts at jabs. Time will prove me wrong, if indeed I am.

I think that I've said my peace. You guys can have it all you wish now.

<insert pathetic Delta slam here>

nwaredtail
Thanks for taking the time to do a the random seniority analysis. It shows clearly that DALPA doesn't want to just win but they want to win by a landslide. Their huge victory would come at the expense of the NWA pilots to the extent where they would even place DL 2007 hires in front of NW 1999 hires. Talk about trying to hit one out of the park. Fortunately for all, reason, competence and fair arbitration will prevail. Please guys, no whining when this is all over.

Last edited:
nwaredtail
Thanks for taking the time to do a the random seniority analysis. It shows clearly that DALPA doesn't want to just win but they want to win by a landslide. Their huge victory would come at the expense of the NWA pilots to the extent where they would even place DL 2007 hires in front of NW 1999 hires. Talk about trying to hit one out of the park. Fortunately for all, reason, competence and fair arbitration will prevail. Please guys, no whining when this is all over.

If I may, perhaps hire dates are just a perception of seniority. I agree that it is a hard pill to swallow, no doubt.

Besides, it isn't over yet, and I could cut and paste some very compelling evidence that NWA was indeed trying to do what you accuse the Delta pilots of doing, and at the same time cutting and pasting likewise compelling evidence that the "home run" you speak of isn't a home run at all, but really just where the list should work out if equality was indeed the goal. other perceptions of the exact same testimony "prove" differently.

But I promised that I wouldn't debate any more.

Figures lie and liars figure. Round and round we go. I do promise, however, no whining or gloating either way. How about we agree that either way is a fair list?

8 random pilots, 4 NWA & 4 DAL, 4 "groups " on the list. Remember, fences and "no bump/no flush" provisions will protect everyone for at least the first few years, so complaining where you will be on day one is a moot point. This NWA and DAL proposal numbers are retirement seniority.

737Capt - original seniority 23%, original retirement seniority =12%. New delta proposal = 10%, NWA propsal = 11%. Better either way.

A320Capt - original seniority 27%, original retirement = 22%, New DAL proposal = 25%, NWA proposal 22%
Same or worse

737Capt - original seniority - 49%, original retirement = 38%, new DAL Proposal = 28%, new NWA proposal = 32%. Once again better either way.

A320Capt - original seniority 58%, original retirement - 5%, New DAL proposal - 15%, New NWA proposal - 7%, loses either way. HMMMMMMMM?

767FO - original seniority 61%, original retirement - 21%, DAL proposal - 13%, NWA proposal 19%. Better either way

DC9Capt - original seniority 63%, original retirement - 1%, DAl proposal 13%, NWA proposal 2%. Loses either way

MD88FO -original seniority 78%, original retirement 27%, DAL proposal 20%, NWA proposal 26%. Better either way

A320FO -original Seniority 82%, original retirement 27%, DAL proposal 41%, NWA proposal 35%. Loses either way.

So basically, most DAL pilots make out better either way, it's just by how much, while under DAL's proposal all NWA get hosed. Just goes to prove which group is trying to make it work for everyone and which group is trying to gain at the other's expense.

Hey Fins, Puff, GL, etc. Give me your seniority number and I'll figure out how you all make out, then we will see if you have the right to complain. My guess, nope.

Your point is wasted on these Delta fools. They see NWA as a pinata and they are going for the big grab. They want a windfall and their feet are in the sand. Nothing we can do but wait till the 8th, the arbitrators know fair, clearly these fools do not.

Wow, now that's the spirit.....

Your point is wasted on these Delta fools. They see NWA as a pinata and they are going for the big grab. They want a windfall and their feet are in the sand. Nothing we can do but wait till the 8th, the arbitrators know fair, clearly these fools do not.

The NWA analysis keeps using age 60 for their retirements but has DAL pilots working until 65. Of course they won't do as well if they punch out 60 early. You can't keep you pension, retire 5 years earlier than industry average and still plan to spend you last 5 years at the top of the list.

OBTW, Clippy, Nice attitude.....not!

Latest resources

Back