• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

failing out of new hirer training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus 1 good post. Good posts by everyone actually.

Personally...my old G/S instructor at Comair (pre-strike) told our class not to worry about the Brasilia systems and limitations until we finished indoc. Which is why they didnt pass out the FSM and systems books until we were done with indoc. He also told us not to study anything we might have gotten from an online internet source. So he made it a very relaxing enviornment. D.O. if I ever see you on an overnight I owe you about 6 beers. (within a 12 hour window of course)

I'm not very good at group study. Studying with my partner helped a lot but in a big group I feel that not everyone gets the whole benefit. Just my 2cents.

KSUaviator I'm assuming from you're "SEE YA!" that you're based out of DTW for Mesaba. Now I have to disagree with you one one issue buddy. At Distress I (sort of like Mesaba only half the calories of regular NW Airlink) we've had people not make it through IOE. So when you get past the checkride, dont think you're home free. You'll get extra IOE but if you dont progress you can still be let go. But here's the secret...99% of it is ATTITUDE. Show you want to learn and you'll make it through. KSU I owe you a beer too for letting me interject. (SEE YAAAA!)

My experience shows that you should relax before every day of G/S. Get a good nights sleep. Burning the midnight oil can be detrimental but make the most of your studying before calling it a night. Exercise and ask questions when you dont understand. Learning a new airplane can be a great experience if you let it. You guys fly safe.

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on
'WHEW!'

Alitalia...keep your chin up. All the guys offered good advice. From my experience, time management and organization during ground school will go a long way. Also, dont be afraid to ask for some help if you need it. Its in the company's best interest for you to do well, I think most instuctors will go the extra mile to help if you're really trying your best.
I've met one or two guys along the way who washed out of a 121 class, now they're on line and doing fine.

Best of luck to you.

Latest resources

Back