• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fabulous FJ uniforms...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes LS, in replying to an earlier post, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty right now for both groups. Yes we are getting a gazillion Gulfstreams but the excitement ends there. There is little doubt in my mind that eventually we will be one company and one pilot group. I hope it happens later on as I would like to see guys that have been flying next to me for 8 or 9 years get upgraded and a merger could possibly hurt their chances of that happening. Yes the uniform is a low blow to morale, the mixing and movement of fleets and crews, 401k under review, undefined bonus, changing insurance, the silence of Flex upper management are all contributing factors to the uncertainty. What really gets under people's skin is the thought of dedicated crews and airplanes and the general consensus that Ricci has strange ideas and will implement them whether we like it or not. It is mind-boggling to me why he would purchase Flex because "we are so well run and so profitable" and then try to change it.
I don't think Flex pilots are any different than any other pilot group except that we for the most part have been treated well over the years. It was not until Flops pilots were pushed to the edge did you evolve into a different pilot group. We have not been pushed to that edge yet. I know of at least 3 300 caps that were lifers and are applying to the airlines. Others I have known for years are saying things I thought they would never say about possible organization. But as hard as you guys try, you will probably not be able to pull us to your side of the fence. Ricci will have to push us. As for me, I am starting to reevaluate the whole idea but I am not quite there. Yet.

Yes LS, in replying to an earlier post, there seems to be a lot of uncertainty right now for both groups. Yes we are getting a gazillion Gulfstreams but the excitement ends there. There is little doubt in my mind that eventually we will be one company and one pilot group. I hope it happens later on as I would like to see guys that have been flying next to me for 8 or 9 years get upgraded and a merger could possibly hurt their chances of that happening. Yes the uniform is a low blow to morale, the mixing and movement of fleets and crews, 401k under review, undefined bonus, changing insurance, the silence of Flex upper management are all contributing factors to the uncertainty. What really gets under people's skin is the thought of dedicated crews and airplanes and the general consensus that Ricci has strange ideas and will implement them whether we like it or not. It is mind-boggling to me why he would purchase Flex because "we are so well run and so profitable" and then try to change it.
I don't think Flex pilots are any different than any other pilot group except that we for the most part have been treated well over the years. It was not until Flops pilots were pushed to the edge did you evolve into a different pilot group. We have not been pushed to that edge yet. I know of at least 3 300 caps that were lifers and are applying to the airlines. Others I have known for years are saying things I thought they would never say about possible organization. But as hard as you guys try, you will probably not be able to pull us to your side of the fence. Ricci will have to push us. As for me, I am starting to reevaluate the whole idea but I am not quite there. Yet.

Well said!

It was well written - no doubt. Especially the part about not being able to pull you to our side of the fence & that Ricci will have to push you.

Just one question: When will you say enough is enough & start pushing back? I mean, uncle says one thing & a few months later it's an entirely different animal. That you didn't sign up for. Or agree to. How many hits do you have to take before you get "there"?

Take the 401(k) question. I have no idea whether it stays or goes, I really don't. But the very fact that it's "under review"? WTF?! How is that acceptable to you? That's not a bonus you collect when you retire. It's earned every single day you go to work. Are you simply rolling over & accepting this? Really?

Look, you understand the business model, right? No, not just the fractional model, but the modern business model. It takes into account insurances & worker's compensation premiums & pensions & retirement contributions. But wait: Where's the money for pensions & retirement contributions going now?

Oh, I get that there's competition, both foreign & domestic & that other businesses have "done away" with pensions. But as lucid as your writing is, you sound pretty unconcerned that this cut is even being discussed.

When is it enough?

Last edited:
Ludicrous, why don't you take a deep breath and maybe count to 10 backwards or something. I suppose you think management swings there magic wand around and poof, her's your answer. I'm willing to bet your 401K match will be equal to or better than what it is now..... if Mr. R and his folks think they will jack with the match or in any way start messing with our essential benefits, then I will hold my nose and call the goobers at IBT central and listen to their spill.
Cheers

warlord 19 – I didn’t agree with everything CL-350 wrote, but his post did contain a list of facts, used some logic, & was thought-provoking. Yours, not so much.

“...they will jack with the match or in any way start messing with our essential benefits” So what you’re saying is that he can “jack” with any & everything else & you won’t protest in any way? You’ll wait until its something “essential”? Is that your plan?

Ok, but in a way, what you’re doing is giving uncle tacit approval to keep on doing what he’s doing.

I think CL-350, like several other FJ pilots, is approaching this logically. But where I cringed is when he wrote, “...but I am not quite there. Yet.” That too is tacit approval. It notifies uncle that he’s got more wiggle room to just keep making the changes he wants – regardless of who it effects. I understand what he wrote & why, but the way he wrote it gives that tacit approval.

The best analogy here is the oldest – it’s the quarterback & the cheerleader: He puts his hand on her knee & starts rubbing. She flinches. He thinks it’s because her womanhood is moist with anticipation. She thinks he’s full of himself & doesn’t want to be anywhere near his little “magic wand”. But he’s the qb. Plus, he’s bigger than she is. Until she says, “No!” his hand will keep moving northward. Her reluctance to speak up, at least in his mind, is enough of a sign to keep moving.

When is it enough? When do you say, “No!”

The best analogy here is the oldest ? it?s the quarterback & the cheerleader: He puts his hand on her knee & starts rubbing. She flinches. He thinks it?s because her womanhood is moist with anticipation. She thinks he?s full of himself & doesn?t want to be anywhere near his little ?magic wand?. But he?s the qb. Plus, he?s bigger than she is. Until she says, ?No!? his hand will keep moving northward. Her reluctance to speak up, at least in his mind, is enough of a sign to keep moving.

When is it enough? When do you say, ?No!?

THIS IS ENOUGH! Comparing what is now called date rape or sexual assault to anything going on at DAC is waaaaay out of context! Step away from the keyboard and and think before you type next time. Get a grip on reality.

If you haven't figured out LS is just a tool of the IBT, you probably never will. He will use anything he can to stir the pot, the latest being the 401K "plot". The 401K for Flex will not change, and LS will have to start digging for some other "conspiracy" to scare you with. Change is hard on everyone and gets folks anxious and upset, and it allow's folks like LS to really beat the IBT drum. The best remedy(I believe) is simply use common sense about what's going on and continue doing your best.
WL

Latest resources

Back