• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA wants NO DISTRACTIONS for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've already said my piece to them. The post was an attempt to enlighten people as to the fact that some LCA's/company's don't like hand flying. Glad you've got me figured out though.

No assumptions- Ive experienced the same problem at a few companies-

If pilots are busting altitudes or having hard landings- that's a sign to handfly more, not less. Unfortunately, I've heard plenty of LCAs who argue just the opposite.

You missed the mark again Babbitt.

Congrats on a flawless record of failure.

...But your suit rocked on Capitol Hill for you performance.

You know, it you guys can't write without violating the FI TOS and your posts have to be deleted breaking up the thread... I think you all know the TOS rules on this.. if not, please go back and read them.. let the built in censor do the work.

You have become the new FI Barney Fife - in which pocket is your one bullet?

Nah DG- I was cursing pretty good in the post he deleted. My bad y'all.

Sorry but the word ******************** is as comfortable for me as the word 'the'
:)

Yeah, let’s keep reducing pay, work longer hours, keep increasing retirement age and basically crater our retirement plans. Yup, that ought to help clean up the professionalism problems in the industry.
AA767AV8TOR :puke:
(20 years in the right seat and counting!)

What pilots cannot fly any more? We will go back to the good ole days at Zantop. Where if you wrote up the autopilot, you got the response, "We pay you to fly, earn your living" They fixed'em anyway.

Yep, my balls are huge, my $%^& is big, I don't need no autopilot. Come on YIP, put on your management hat. What do you employ pilots to accomplish? I'll tell you, you employee pilots to get an airplane and it's cargo safely from place to place. We don't get because we are the worlds finest hand flyiers, we get paid because we arrive safely at the destination. What would you do if you hired the best hand flier in existence but he kept running out of fuel? You'd fire him. You'd fire him because his job isn't hand flying, it's getting your payload to it's destination.

I hand fly when my other workload allows me to safely concentrate on the flight instruments. At other times, safety demands that I let the single minded autopilot do what it does best while I concentrate on what I do best. I can better scan for traffic when otto is flying. I can better reprogram the box when otto is flying. I can better converse with the FA's when otto is flying. I can better brief the approach when otto is flying, etc. But then again, I am secure in my own skin and don't attempt to impress anyone other than my kids.

Autopilots help avoid task overload. It's simple.

Edit: PS, I did hand fly a Lear and Maddog more than the Airbus. Flying the Airbus is just an exercise in fooling oneself into believing you matter for the ordinary.

Last edited:
too serious

Yep, my balls are huge, my $%^& is big, I don't need no autopilot. Come on YIP, p.................to believing you matter for the ordinary.
come on don't take this too serious, I was only thinking of what had been said about auto-pilots once upon a time, back before GPS, RVSM, TCAS, and EGPWS. BTW still love the tractor

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back