• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA wants NO DISTRACTIONS for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why didn't the Senate ask the airlines in question, "Why didn't you hire mature professionals to fly your aircraft"

"Well, Senator, those types don't much care for the $1500 a month we pay. They're out getting MBAs and such. If they don't apply, we can't hire them."

"Well, can't you pay them more?"

"Please Senator, the wage scale we have today is the result of carefully playing the multiple crises that have arisen since 2001. We can't afford to let all that hard work go to waste. Surely you understand."

"Understood. No further questions."

Well said! Except the Nw crew doesn't exactly fit your stereotype-

Get rid of autopilots and altitude bust will go through the roof, nav errors will increase, landing accidents will multiply etc,
What pilots cannot fly any more? We will go back to the good ole days at Zantop. Where if you wrote up the autopilot, you got the response, "We pay you to fly, earn your living" They fixed'em anyway.

This growing trend could be because we no longer fly modern airplanes, instead we program them. The planes fly themselves and the pilots watch, this can be boring. Get rid of the auto-pilots that will keep the pilots focused on their job. What do you think.

And you wonder why your career went in the crapper?
You truly are a management puke. Please do the world a favor and retire old man. You'd make the world a much safer place!

If Cops can drive around and type on there laptops, surely Pilots can monitor autopilot systems and type on there laptops.

There are how many flights a day in this country, and we've had a few unsafe incidents. The whole thing is a knee jerk reaction just like everything that the government gets into.

This growing trend could be because we no longer fly modern airplanes, instead we program them. The planes fly themselves and the pilots watch, this can be boring. Get rid of the auto-pilots that will keep the pilots focused on their job. What do you think.

Can you have a talk with the Line Check Airmen at my company? They all seem to think you're insane if the autopilot is not on at 600' AGL after departure or you turn it off prior to being established, configured and stabilized on the ILS.

Can you have a talk with the Line Check Airmen at my company? They all seem to think you're insane if the autopilot is not on at 600' AGL after departure or you turn it off prior to being established, configured and stabilized on the ILS.

In your company perhaps, out here the RTC's love the hand flyers:beer:

I would. But why would I step in to do what you should do? Stand up and tell them yourself and back it up with reason. Then hopefully your reputation as a pilot and employee garners enough respect for them to listen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back