Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fdxmd11pilot said:
Landover,

Please explain to me the difference between an "airline fo about to make capt" and a "freightdog". I guess I still don't get it. Is the airline guy the one whose about to lose his job, while the freightdog is moving up the seniority ladder at a fast rate, flying bigger and bigger jets while his "airline" buddy is going backwards. If that's what you meant, then I understand.

well the class bravo occurance happened years ago, while one now is in ground school to become a captain, the other is now flying cargo.
two different pilots, both progressing.

Thanks again to everyone for all your help.

I got a letter in the mail today from the FAA. It was a warning notice. It states that it will be on my record for 2 years.

I am greatful that this ordeal is over. Even though its on my record for 2 years, it could of been worse. Ill take it as a learning experience. I did not have to use the NASA report that I filed so I have that in my back pocket.

All in all, I think that I will take this as a sign from God...saying...

That I better finish my 4 year degree and not have all my eggs in the aviation basket.

Thats my interpretation anyway.
Thanks Again.
tug

FAA punishment

Tugdriver,

I'm glad it is over for you. Let it roll off of your back and put it behind you. Two years will be over before you know it. Good luck and all the best.

Ya I wouldn't worry too much about it, just about everybody and there mother at some point busted an altitude, most of us just got lucky and nothing else became of it. So we can all relate.

Good idea though about getting a degree and not putting all the eggs in one basket.

I stopped putting all my eggs in the flying basket because of this website, ANDDDDDDDDDDD flying basket and eggs don't mix, the eggs could easily fall out and break.

Glad to hear everything turned out AAA ok~!

Thread ressurected!!

I read through this whole thread and was wondering if you do decide to go before an NTSB ALJ to appeal a violation, what typically is the cost range from start to finish when you involve an attorney. I'm guessing around 5K but really have no idea. If anyone can give me a ballpark figure I'd appreciate it very much.

Tug Driver,

Glad to see that it wasn't any worse for you. 2 yrs will be up before you know it and it will be over and done with. I am very happy you had a good attitude and took responsibility for your mistake.

Cost depends on the violation and the type of evidence needed to defend it. Need an expert witness, for example? Those fees may cost more that the attorney.

Your guess is as good as any in a vacuum.

I read through this whole thread and was wondering if you do decide to go before an NTSB ALJ to appeal a violation, what typically is the cost range from start to finish when you involve an attorney. I'm guessing around 5K but really have no idea. If anyone can give me a ballpark figure I'd appreciate it very much.

The cost to Bob Hoover was what, three million dollars? Six million? Anybody?

Others will correct me if I am wrong but this equals NO incident and NO accident in my opinion, good for applications.

Be careful for the next two years! Seriously!

Tug Driver said:
I did not have to use the NASA report that I filed so I have that in my back pocket.
The reason you didn't have to use the ASRS report is because that's only necessary when the FAA decides to suspend your license. They didn't do that. They warned you.

Now, what they probably forgot to tell you in that warning is that while you're off the legal hook right now, if you do anything wrong in the next two years that results in a violation, they'll not only zap you for the new offense but they'll also try to get you for the one you're on "probation" for right now. At the very least they will use the fact that you were already under a warning notice to prove their case that you're some sort of miscreant in the second case. They'll claim that you have a history of failure to adhere to regulations.

For the next two years it will be doubly important to do things by the book. Don't let anyone push you into corners that are too sticky to get out of. Your POI probably knows, or will become aware, of your standing with the FAA right now. Depending on who that person is from an integrity standpoint you may have someone who sees a chink in the armor of a certificate holder (your employer) or an individual (you) that deserves a little more poking and prodding to see if it will fail. Keep in mind too that if anyone ramp checks you they will run your file and discover that you're under the gun and might try to push something along if they need to score some points to get a promotion or a transfer.

Not trying to rain on your parade but those are realities that are often not explained to folks in your position and you need to be aware of them.

Good job getting the fire put out. Now just keep it ouT!

Latest resources

Back