• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crossky

A Gentleman and a bother
(Continued)

Cellphones a real threat to an airplane’s avionics

By Stephen Pope / May 2006​

It comes down to the fact that a woefully inadequate amount of information currently exists to give researchers definitive data to make intelligent decisions, Strauss said. “Let’s say two years down the road we have an accident, and then in another year we have another accident,” he said. “How are we going to attribute those accidents to cellphone use? Right now as things stand, we really have nothing to do that. If we want to prevent that one accident that might occur every five or 10 years, then we need to start concentrating some energy in this area now.”
square.gif

Aviation International News is a publication of The Convention News Co., Inc., P.O. Box 277, Midland Park, NJ, 07432. Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.​

HA HA HA.

Nothing better than rolling off the first high speed and realize you left your phone on when your voice mails and text messages start announcing themselves.

WHOOPS!!!!!!!!!!

I've left my cell on a bunch of times, and the battery lasts maybe an hour at altitude. I guess it keeps looking for signals, and that kills it pretty quick. It also starts getting a signal around 3000 AGL in South Florida, nothing like hearing beeps and boops when getting set up to land.

Groundpounder said:
nothing like hearing beeps and boops when getting set up to land.

Ooh, I like that one. Off to the "You might be a regional F/O" thread with an idea. :cartman:

I'm going to have to get a cell phone one of these years. You never know when you might hit a deer on a county trunk or have to report an accident or crime in progress.

FN FAL said:
I'm going to have to get a cell phone one of these years. You never know when you might hit a deer on a county trunk or have to report an accident or crime in progress.

You, a deer, and a crime in progress. *shudders*

ReverseSensing said:
You, a deer, and a crime in progress. *shudders*
Well, you can't not be anal enough about cell phones.

Speaking of deer. Did anybody see the ManShow episode where they straped a fake deer to the hood of a car, parked it at a 7-11 style business, and harassed people through a speaker system?

Latest resources

Back