• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Misses Deadline On Fatigue Rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey KMOX. The FAA is the worst part about aviation. You may be a smart guy, but half the FAA types I've had in my jumpseat were total morons. I had one ask where my graphical weather was in my release and why don't we have efb's yet. I informed him that HIS organization was holding all that back.

Hey KMOX. The FAA is the worst part about aviation.

I don't know if it's the worst part. I think 1st year FO pay at the regional I was hired at in 1999 was tough. However the FAA is, and will always be, a political agency. Until that changes, politics, not hard working Inspectors will rule the roost. See: Failed Rest Rules Implementation

You may be a smart guy, but half the FAA types I've had in my jumpseat were total morons. I had one ask where my graphical weather was in my release and why don't we have efb's yet.

Only half? ;-) Look, we have our fair share of less-than-stellar employees like most companies, the difference is that some of us get a "tin badge" complex and it only takes one to really ruin it for the others.

I informed him that HIS organization was holding all that back.

Be careful with thoughts like this. I've heard it before...heck, I've even thought it before (when I was flying the line). Where are you getting your information related to the delayed EFBs? Your company?

Having worked both sides now, it's rarely JUST the FAA holding a new process/piece of equipment up. Many times, the company is just as guilty. I don't know if this is the case for your operator, but I would actually call the CHDO (your operator's assigned FAA people) and ask. See for yourself.

Latest resources

Back