• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Letter Says They Didn't Get My ECG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My Dr. is out of town for the next two weeks! That leaves about one week to get it done. If not, I guess I get to see how good that Loss of License insurance I've been paying for really is. What a freaking pain in the butt this is! Thanks for all of the advise.

If you are an alpa member then you already have an advocate. Call alpa aeromedical. A week is plenty of time if you are persistent enough. Your Dr. office can probably take care of this without the Dr. I've had good luck calling the FAA too. Loss of license insurance doesn't usually kick in untill 3 months have passed. Good luck!

seems like the gov't could save some postage money if they could figure out a way to get the system to work properly.

Its the FAA... they'd lose that biga$$ building they have in Oklahoma City if it wasn't anchored to a foundation...

Just call your Doc, tell 'em what has happened, they'll resubmit it for you.

For some reason they couldn't simply re submit it for me, I had to go in and take it again. I wasn't charged for it though.

I've had this happen to me too, the AME ended up having to fax a hard copy. I called the AeroMed FAA Office and they even gave me another 30 days extension. The woman on the FAA line was helpful.

It's not something you should worry about.

That happened to me one time. I called my Doc, he called OKC and they stated that they had my EKG...and had no record of ever sending that letter.

Left Hand...Right Hand...no clue

ka

I got that letter once and it actually had a new medical certificate with it that superceded my current medical. The date on the "new" medical was the date of my previous medical. Being over 40 that was a big problem as it was over 6 months ago. Ended up on Short Term Disability for a month. My EKG was filed under a psuedo SSN and once they found it the took their sweet time reading it. Rediculous.

I had this happen with my first EKG at 35. The kicker is that it took the FAA 3 years to figure out they didn't have it! I got the same letter at age 38! What a joke. Luckily by the time I got the letter my AME had already heard about it as well and had taken care of it so I didn't freak out when I got it. As everyone has already stated just call your AME. Good luck!

Sorry for the thread drift, but is the letter certified/signature required? Our mail is so inept, in the last year at least 30 letters and packages have been delivered to another house. At least that neighbor is nice and we get our mail eventually but counting on the mail to get something important sounds silly to me, in my experiences. In other words unless you signed for it how can they know you actually got the letter? We've tried delivery confirmation as well, no help, it just says "delivered" with a time and day but doesn't mean at the correct house! And yes we've talked to the post office. Sorry for the rant. I'd just be damned if the FAA would pull my medical due to the post office.

Latest resources

Back