• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA: Improve scheds..or else..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the 60's and 70's there were late night flights on all the airlines, not just east-west but north- south. The airlines found people do not like to travel at that time. Load factors were very low, so no one flies much after 2100L or before 0600L anymore.

I think all the airlines have to do is provide an incentive for folks to fly at those times. Some people like their convenience and will pay for it but most pax will add a connection or two just to save $7. American's have changed since the 60's and 70's. On the cheap is the new motto.

Raise the prices for the daytime flights and reduce the prices of the red-eyes. For the general public, price trumps all.

I thought this was going to be something about improving duty/flight time regulations. Silly me, I shouldn't have gotten excited... everyone knows that the FAA doesn't care about fatigue or safety.

But they sure as heck care that Joe BillyBob who paid $39 for his ticket needs to get to his destination on time. Because that matters a lot more...

*sigh*

LOL, Hey me too!!!!

If congestion is the real issue, why is everyone applying to fly in America getting a rubber stamp? Not only foreign carriers but startups as well.

Blakey is awful. I think someone forgot to tell her that part of the FAAs mission is to promote aviation.

Latest resources

Back