• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA: Improve scheds..or else..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, all that coming from the most ineffective Administrator the FAA has ever had. During her tenure, nothing worth a hoot- just lower paid controllers and a bill that f&*ks pilots not wanting to fly to 65.........Just what an over regulated industry needs, more rules, then more taxes.

I thought this was going to be something about improving duty/flight time regulations. Silly me, I shouldn't have gotten excited... everyone knows that the FAA doesn't care about fatigue or safety.

But they sure as heck care that Joe BillyBob who paid $39 for his ticket needs to get to his destination on time. Because that matters a lot more...

*sigh*

What do you think they'll do? Will they force airlines to schedule flights earlier and later in the day/night?....or.......<gasp>...cut the number of RJ flying?!?!?!

Those are the only real options I see...

The government needs to start spending those taxes they have been collecting on tickets for the aviation fund, intead of manipulating the system by counting it in the general fund to balance the budget. The money was supposed to be used to improve the ATC system and bring it into this century. Can you say pork barrel spending?

I doubt the FAA will modernize the NAS.

I doubt the airlines will sacrifice frequency on the cheap (regionals) for fewer larger mainline aircraft.

I think we are going to end up with a 20 or 24 hour schedule. It would suck to fly those late, late night flights but commuting would be easier. It would be nice to get done with an 11pm flight and hop on the 00:30 flight home rather than spend the night in a crashpad.

Just my opinion.

I think we are going to end up with a 20 or 24 hour schedule. It would suck to fly those late, late night flights but commuting would be easier. It would be nice to get done with an 11pm flight and hop on the 00:30 flight home rather than spend the night in a crashpad.

Just my opinion.

That would be the cheapest and easiest solution to some problems. It is silly to see how empty the night hours are.

I wonder if the FAA will just increase the required connection times first. Sure it wouldn't change the congestion, but the delays would have less of a impact on passengers travel plans.

Re-reg the breakfast of champions

In the 60's and 70's there were late night flights on all the airlines, not just east-west but north- south. The airlines found people do not like to travel at that time. Load factors were very low, so no one flies much after 2100L or before 0600L anymore. BTW this may bring the very thing all the senior pilots have been hoping for, re-reg, gov't route price fixing. The junior guys in both seats will become downgraded or unemployed but the industry will return to the glory days of the 60's and 70's. But who would care, "Cause I got mine" BTW this will also take care of the pilot shortage.

Last edited:
I don't think the FAA is looking to reduce flights. We can help the congestion problems without parking airplanes. Don't plan on price fixing either.

Latest resources

Back