• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Head Concerned With Cockpit Experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
--A low-time new captain, who obviously never learned how to use radar, deviated around every city between ATL and OKC on a VMC night flight! I said nothing, but occasionally sprayed Coke on the windshield from laughing as I diplomatically handled the ATC queries "deviate around WHAT?"

thats the best one right there.....

think they should require an ATP and type for both pilots, that would make the cockpit safer, upgrades cheaper and initial pay higher.

And who is gonna make regionals pay new hires more?

think they should require an ATP and type for both pilots, that would make the cockpit safer, upgrades cheaper and initial pay higher.

Simple. Congress passes a law. We have regulaltions concerning minimum rest. Why not regulations concerning minimum pay since it's clearly a safety issue.

Scott

A shot in the arm for the training Industry

I can see the ads in the Flying Magazine now. "Come to ABC Simulator Training Inc., get your Q-400 type rating for $10,000, does not include travel, room or board, so you can interview at Colgan"

The only thing Babbitt is concerned with is making up a few meaningless rules that make him look like he's doing something, yet will have such easy escapes that the ATA will continue to support him.

I'll believe this guy is a real deal when I see the final rules.

Latest resources

Back