FAA ATP, is it good anywhere!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lineflyer1

Where in the world is an FAA ATP any good?

I mean we invented the airplane and build the best aircraft here but our licenses are no good elswhere. Whats up with dat?

I mean we invented the airplane and build the best aircraft here but our licenses are no good elswhere. Whats up with dat?

It's a matter of reciprocal agreements. The current ability to convert between FAA and Transport Canada certificates is rather straightforward under the latest rules.

The Europeans have always done things very differently from us; have you ever seen the battery of written exams you have to take for those JAA certificates!? Holy crap! Makes our ATP written look like a joke. That aside though, I don't think it has made a lick of difference in making a superior product.

I wouldn't say that. NetJets ME didn't have a problem with my FAA ATP when they called me for an interview. Not that I wanted to live in the Middle East, but most of the developing world will accept the equivalent of an ICAO ATPL, which an FAA ATP satisfies for the most part. Other countries like in EU, Canada, Australia, NZ and Latin America add their own restrictions to protect their own pilots.

I'm perfectly happy staying in the good ol' USA.

Us yanks are no good. Don't you know that in order to be a good pilot you have to know how many litres of blood is pumping through your heart with a heart rate of 70 bpm? I mean some on, that is basic airmanship stuff....

******Sarcasm********

An FAA ATP is valid anywhere when you are flying an N-registered a/c. It is a ridiculous rule especially in Europe and the UK and international agreements should be in place to validate licenses.

FYI- America did not invent the airplane.

Hindenburg

G21AGosse:

The human head in the bottom left of your avitar, belongs to the father of a good friend of mine here in CLT. His last name was Coleman and he survived that explosion.

Just to let you know.

Have a good one!

G21AGosse:

The human head in the bottom left of your avitar, belongs to the father of a good friend of mine here in CLT. His last name was Coleman and he survived that explosion.

Just to let you know.

Have a good one!

Hey jas,

What an amazing piece of info! I have always been a big Led Zep fan. Thanks!

Has Mr. Coleman had his head (or any other body part) in any other album covers???:)

Gee, I miss 'real' albums.....................

Latest resources

Back