• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Man, does this mean that I have to update my Flight Simulator 2004?!? :tongue:

Link

The FAA had informed the city before making the announcement, Blakey said, and the city had heavy equipment in place.

Of course they did! They are great at tearing stuff up!

6 parallel runways...geez

It won't be that bad...use the North side runways for landing, south side for departing, or vice-versa...

It's gotta be better than what goes on there now. Landing 4R departing 27L and 32L....as someone on here once said, (paraphrased) "O'Hare is like Sausage...you don't wanna know"

This should help "normalize" it a bit.

No worse than DFW, I should say...

-mini

minitour said:
It won't be that bad...use the North side runways for landing, south side for departing, or vice-versa...

It's gotta be better than what goes on there now. Landing 4R departing 27L and 32L....as someone on here once said, (paraphrased) "O'Hare is like Sausage...you don't wanna know"

This should help "normalize" it a bit.

No worse than DFW, I should say...

-mini
I wonder how many tower controllers they will have, if they have 6 runways going at once. :eek:

gkrangers said:
I wonder how many tower controllers they will have, if they have 6 runways going at once. :eek:

Maybe they'll do the two tower thing like DFW? They've got the 5 parallel/2 converging runway thing goin on...seems to work well there. I'd guess they're going to multiple parallel runways as lots of the busier airports do (ATL, MCO, DFW, LAX, etc).

-mini

minitour said:
Maybe they'll do the two tower thing like DFW? They've got the 5 parallel/2 converging runway thing goin on...seems to work well there. I'd guess they're going to multiple parallel runways as lots of the busier airports do (ATL, MCO, DFW, LAX, etc).

-mini
We have one pair of runways here...and have one tower controller for each during the day.

Latest resources

Back