• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

FAA Approves $15B O'Hare Expansion Plan

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
Man, does this mean that I have to update my Flight Simulator 2004?!? :tongue:

Link

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
The FAA had informed the city before making the announcement, Blakey said, and the city had heavy equipment in place.

Of course they did! They are great at tearing stuff up!

OneBadLT123

Total Time
24/7
6 parallel runways...geez

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
OneBadLT123 said:
6 parallel runways...geez
It'll take a week and a half to taxi across all those..."hold short landing traffic...hold short departing taffic ad naseum...

minitour

It won't be that bad...use the North side runways for landing, south side for departing, or vice-versa...

It's gotta be better than what goes on there now. Landing 4R departing 27L and 32L....as someone on here once said, (paraphrased) "O'Hare is like Sausage...you don't wanna know"

This should help "normalize" it a bit.

No worse than DFW, I should say...

-mini

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
minitour said:
It won't be that bad...use the North side runways for landing, south side for departing, or vice-versa...

It's gotta be better than what goes on there now. Landing 4R departing 27L and 32L....as someone on here once said, (paraphrased) "O'Hare is like Sausage...you don't wanna know"

This should help "normalize" it a bit.

No worse than DFW, I should say...

-mini
I wonder how many tower controllers they will have, if they have 6 runways going at once. :eek:

minitour

gkrangers said:
I wonder how many tower controllers they will have, if they have 6 runways going at once. :eek:

Maybe they'll do the two tower thing like DFW? They've got the 5 parallel/2 converging runway thing goin on...seems to work well there. I'd guess they're going to multiple parallel runways as lots of the busier airports do (ATL, MCO, DFW, LAX, etc).

-mini

gkrangers

college = debt
Total Time
some
minitour said:
Maybe they'll do the two tower thing like DFW? They've got the 5 parallel/2 converging runway thing goin on...seems to work well there. I'd guess they're going to multiple parallel runways as lots of the busier airports do (ATL, MCO, DFW, LAX, etc).

-mini
We have one pair of runways here...and have one tower controller for each during the day.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
yeah, it's pretty busy with all those riddle dorks doing 747 pattern work! :D:D

i kid, i kid...

Last edited: