• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that would be a sweet job!

paulsalem said:
I saw N1 last week at CMH.

Funny thing is it doesn't show up on flightaware.

Not a mystery - anyone can block their own aircraft on Flightaware:

Can I block my aircraft on FlightAware? [SIZE=-1](Back To Top)[/SIZE] Yes, there are two ways to accomplish this:
  • FlightAware Selective (Un)blocking Enroll in FlightAware's selective unblocking service for a tail number that is not already blocked.
    FlightAware can process your request with next-day service and will block your operations from the general public. Your FlightAware account(s) will continue to be able to securely view and track your aircraft. FlightAware will complete the paperwork necessary for blocking your aircraft on other flight tracking services and will provide you with everything you need to accomplish the block.
  • Direct request to NBAA BARR The NBAA (National Business Aviation Association) operates and maintains the BARR (Blocked Aircraft Registration Request) in conjunction with the FAA. This service is free although it may take 30-45 days to take effect and will not allow your user account to track your aircraft on FlightAware unless you subscribe to FlightAware's selective unblocking service.
    Visit the NBAA BARR page and select the "Blocked by ASDI Vendors" option for each aircraft you wish to block. Be aware that the "Blocked at FAA Source" option can negatively impact your flight operations. Fuel, catering, transportation facilities or ground traffic control facilities are unable to prepare for inbound aircraft which are blocked at FAA Source. With "Blocked by ASDI Vendors" you can maintain your privacy but sill receive the ground services you're accustomed to receiving.

Hold West,

I knew you could block tail numbers from tracking programs. I just find it somewhat amusing that N1 would be blocked, that's all. It's hardly USAF1.

Actually, flightaware just doesn't recognize N1 as a valid registration. You get a different message if it's a blocked tail number.

Latest resources

Back