FAA Air carrier operations inspector jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aland504

Hey everyone, am trying to see if I can find someone who is an air carrier operations inspector. I currently fly for a regional, but I really don't think this is the job for me. I love flying, but I don't think it is the career for me. I've been on the FAA website and read about the job. Would like to speak to someone first hand about it. If anyone has anything to say please drop me a line.
Thanks
AD

I looked into it and have been in line for a job there for three years! Fill out the application and then you just update it often. It's a long process, but it has good job security.

I am more curious on why you want this job, besides the obvious secuirty.

I looked into it and have been in line for a job there for three years! Fill out the application and then you just update it often. It's a long process, but it has good job security.

3 YEARS??? I have a friend who applied with similar time to you and got hired right away. Where is the position you are applying for based?

It seems they have a number of openings throughout the country.

When you updated your app, were you just resubmitting it or were you adding hours or other things each time?

um... did you read my post?? i said i dont feel being an airline pilot is the job for me. flying is more of a hobby for me, not a career. ive just heard also how well they work with you want to live. im just trying to find out information about it. ................................

amazing how many people, in 2006, decide that "being an airline pilot" is "not for them" and magically the FAA and a Corporate job is "the place to be"

hmmm

wonder when hiring resumes and an allegedly newly-secure industry appears, how quickly those jobs will be dumped as everyone bails out to fly 777's to Europe, working 3 days a month, at 250K a year? Or whatever Kit Darbys latest Airline Pilot Kit claims...

honestly, im totally bored be an airline pilot. im sure ill be bored being an FAA guy too, but whatever im just exploring options

amazing how many people, in 2006, decide that "being an airline pilot" is "not for them" and magically the FAA and a Corporate job is "the place to be"

hmmm

wonder when hiring resumes and an allegedly newly-secure industry appears, how quickly those jobs will be dumped as everyone bails out to fly 777's to Europe, working 3 days a month, at 250K a year? Or whatever Kit Darbys latest Airline Pilot Kit claims...

I think you just summed up the whole point for most people wanting to leave the industry. It is cyclical. In other words, it goes up and then it goes down. This doesn't stop, it has been a trend for the past 50 years. Just like the stock and real estate markets. Because of this and other undesirable realities of the airline industry (away from home, boredom over time, etc), some people change their minds about what they thought they wanted when they were younger. I'm sure some people will jump ship back and forth to whatever career is treating them best, but for most it's a lifestyle choice that they stick with.

If you LOVE being an airline pilot, this is GREAT for you. More job security!

um... did you read my post?? i said i dont feel being an airline pilot is the job for me. flying is more of a hobby for me, not a career. ive just heard also how well they work with you want to live. im just trying to find out information about it. ................................

Yes, I read your post. There are many options in this business besides being a airline pilot, and being on the regulatory side of things is not for everyone. I just couldn't stomach handing down violations for a living. But, someone has to do it and without that someone who knows what people might try to get away with (I really don't want to know).

Latest resources

Back