FA job pays over 50K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter said:
Trust me on this one, if you are anything in person like you are on this web board you are known as a groaner, meaning that when the rest of the crew sees your name on the paperwork, the all let out a groan. As in, "Aww not this one again!"

But I guess every airline has a few.
All I've seen of SWAInflt on this thread is an intelligent, respectful presentation of an honorable point of view. She's every much a right to her opinion as you to yours, and she certainly has the right to express it. I find her arguments and presentation to be well-constructed and valid.

I think she and I would get along well together, if ever we were to carry Flight Attendants aboard our cargo^jets.

Contrary to the popular notion that BigD conveyed, it's not about boys being boys. It's about boys being crude. Now, don't start blubbering like somebody just threw a pan of cold water in your face, it's just the truth. Be crude if you like, and there are plenty of other crude guys that will join you and praise you. But when someone calls your spade a spade, at least be man enough to admit they're right. Don't shoot the messenger. You wouldn't talk like that to your buddies about your daughter in front of her, you wouldn't talk like that about your mother in front of her, and you wouldn't talk like that about your wife in front of her and a bunch of her and your friends.

That said...

SWAInflt, I get your point, but I also imagine you're not going to persuade anybody to change their minds about the subject. Some will agree, and some will disagree, and that's just going to be the way it is. I'm sure there are plenty of readers that appreciate your public stand, but are afraid to join in for fear of being ridiculed like you've been. Take comfort in that thought, and the fact that you've spoken up, and let it be. It's not worth losing sleep over.

EDIT: This G0 Jet garbage is about to get on my nerves. I didn't say carGJts, I said cargo*jets without the *. STOP THE INSANITY!

TonyC said:
All I've seen of SWAInflt on this thread is an intelligent, respectful presentation of an honorable point of view. She's every much a right to her opinion as you to yours, and she certainly has the right to express it. I find her arguments and presentation to be well-constructed and valid.

I think she and I would get along well together, if ever we were to carry Flight Attendants aboard our cargo^jets.

Contrary to the popular notion that BigD conveyed, it's not about boys being boys. It's about boys being crude. Now, don't start blubbering like somebody just threw a pan of cold water in your face, it's just the truth. Be crude if you like, and there are plenty of other crude guys that will join you and praise you. But when someone calls your spade a spade, at least be man enough to admit they're right. Don't shoot the messenger. You wouldn't talk like that to your buddies about your daughter in front of her, you wouldn't talk like that about your mother in front of her, and you wouldn't talk like that about your wife in front of her and a bunch of her and your friends.

That said...

SWAInflt, I get your point, but I also imagine you're not going to persuade anybody to change their minds about the subject. Some will agree, and some will disagree, and that's just going to be the way it is. I'm sure there are plenty of readers that appreciate your public stand, but are afraid to join in for fear of being ridiculed like you've been. Take comfort in that thought, and the fact that you've spoken up, and let it be. It's not worth losing sleep over.

EDIT: This G0 Jet garbage is about to get on my nerves. I didn't say carGJts, I said cargo*jets without the *. STOP THE INSANITY!

I guess I have seen too many out there that are looking for somebody to slip up. At a previous carrier we had a gentleman that practiced an alternate life style. Just like many of the male F/A's out there, yet this guy was the only one that kept popping up sending in complaints againt gate agents, pilots, other F/A's etc. In the cockpit one day the cap and I were trying to work out a headset problem and he came up with coffee, so I asked if he would plug the jack in at the jumpseat station (to see if it was headset or plug problems) He went into a speech about how my statement was a jab at his sexual preferences!!?? WTF????

So if my perceived impression of SWA is off base I apologize. However my impression is one who is actively looking for an excuse to write somebody up for a slip of the tongue.

TonyC said:

Can we all say pu$$y whipped. WOW.

I ain't gonna apologise for being a man and not liking to listen to this politically correct bull. My flight attendant jokes around with me, calls me 'gramps', pushes my pillsbury dough boy belly and tells me I couldn't laid if I were the only man in an all women's prison. All in good fun. Get the stick out of your you-know-what and laugh at yourself.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
My flight attendant jokes around with me, calls me 'gramps', pushes my pillsbury dough boy belly and tells me I couldn't laid if I were the only man in an all women's prison.
Ace

Gramps? You just ruined my vision of you!

Ace-of-the-Base said:
I ain't gonna apologise for being a man ...
Well, you haven't exactly proved that you ARE a man, now, have you?

:rolleyes:

There's not a politically correct bone in my body, but I do respect other people. Being crude and rude does not make one a man, it just makes him crude and rude. Having a pot belly and a balding or gray head doesn't make one mature, either. How does that cold water feel?

TonyC said:
Well, you haven't exactly proved that you ARE a man, now, have you?

:rolleyes:

There's not a politically correct bone in my body, but I do respect other people. Being crude and rude does not make one a man, it just makes him crude and rude. Having a pot belly and a balding or gray head doesn't make one mature, either. How does that cold water feel?

Cold water? The only person I need to prove I'm a man to is my wife. No one else, especially you. A dude. Yuk.

Crude and rude and proud of it. I really don't care as much as you do about what people think of me (except you, English). If you don't like hard talking, hard drinking, foul mouthed men, then don't get a job around pilots. At least not with me. Most flight attendants I've know can keep up, some even make me blush. You might want to check YOUR panties at the door.

Ace

SWAInflt,

I'm late to this party, but I just want to point out that nowhere in the original ad does it say you must be female to apply. Second, your company either has or had its own "physical fitness standards." They tell you that you must wear a company provided uniform and the company uniforms come in sizes of xx to yy. If you don't fit in that range of sizes, too bad, no job. I don't see how that is any different than saying you must be "fit" or however the original ad terms it.

Latest resources

Back