F9 FO's Wives Organize Lynch of FAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Porch,

I feel bad for you guys. It seems your co-workers didn't believe one word Gary Kelly said. I believe, we would have been into a growth mode again, thus any F9 dude on the street it would have been short lived. Gary said he would walk away and he did.

Porch,

I feel bad for you guys. It seems your co-workers didn't believe one word Gary Kelly said. I believe, we would have been into a growth mode again, thus any F9 dude on the street it would have been short lived. Gary said he would walk away and he did.

They don't understand the culture everyone keeps talking about. That is what I was so fired up about & so were so many others. F9 has been beat up so much in the past, seeing that wasn't going to happen now. Pavlov & his dogs was right, conditioning works! Now exploited. They couldn't see out of the box & still want the dang animals. I don't blame him for walking & I knew he would... I was hoping he wouldn't. Now were (F9) F'd again

I guess you haven't heard, but Southwest has NEVER furloughed anyone, EVER. We take care of our own here. Gary never said a word about furloughing Frontier pilots. Before we'd furlough anyone, we'd reduce the line values enough to keep everyone. It's happened before. The problem here is that you guys projected what you think airline management teams like yours have done to what you thought might happened here. You just jumped to conclusions, and made a colossal error in judgement. So, to reiterate, your "assumption" has been refuted.

Good luck at your "major". Keep thumping your chest, and try to make yourself feel better. We all know it's just a defense mechanism, to keep from admitting to yourself and your family that you blew it.

BTW, how many Frontier pilots have applied at Southwest?

Gee, that does not take a freakin genius!!! They wanted to park 10 planes from day one...they said they only would need 80% of the pilots to fly the remaining planes...according to my math, that would have put me on the street day one...assumption proven!:rolleyes:

A year or two at my regional...hmmmm...let's see here, F9 is a major, so that means from the date of purchase RAH should in theory become a major...so sure, i'll let you know how i am doing in a year or two at my "major."

I guess you haven't heard, but Southwest has NEVER furloughed anyone, EVER. We take care of our own here. Gary never said a word about furloughing Frontier pilots. Before we'd furlough anyone, we'd reduce the line values enough to keep everyone. It's happened before. The problem here is that you guys projected what you think airline management teams like yours have done to what you thought might happened here. You just jumped to conclusions, and made a colossal error in judgement. So, to reiterate, your "assumption" has been refuted.

Good luck at your "major". Keep thumping your chest, and try to make yourself feel better. We all know it's just a defense mechanism, to keep from admitting to yourself and your family that you blew it.

BTW, how many Frontier pilots have applied at Southwest?

No means No...you don't take rejection well do you.

Can't you just be happy for yourself instead of feeling the need to spit in other's faces?

Maybe they knew something you didn't. It's possible you know.

As a guy that works for niether F9 or WN I find it hard to believe that F9 pilots will be better off with RAH in the short or long run. I can only guess that there was something that FAPA knew or saw that justified thier position. I seriously doubt that being part of RAH is going to be a very pleasent experiance.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

As a guy that works for niether F9 or WN I find it hard to believe that F9 pilots will be better off with RAH in the short or long run. I can only guess that there was something that FAPA knew or saw that justified thier position. I seriously doubt that being part of RAH is going to be a very pleasent experiance.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I don't think they had a choice...they could have spent all weekend coming up with a plan and the board could have still picked Republic.

I think this deal was done long before Southwest put their bid in.

You can't prove or disprove something that never happens. Since RAH won the bid, we'll never know if WN would have just taken the gates, the market share, and one fewer competitor and told the F9 guys "best of luck on your interview" or if they actually would have added the FAPA guys to the list. I'm sure the first scenario was foremost on the FAPA leadership's list of concerns.

Regardless, nobody will know for a few years who was right, and who is broke. I won't know if I made the right choices in my career until the day I retire.

What has Southwest done in the past with the pilots of bought airlines? Worst case scenario, even if the "good luck on the interview" applied, you'd have to be a total clown not to get a job, considering they just put you on the streets. Frontier will become another Midwest very shortly why do you think a regional airline would help a company near liquidation? Out of generosity? At least there will still be brand of Frontier though....

"Worst case scenario, even if the "good luck on the interview" applied, you'd have to be a total clown not to get a job, considering they just put you on the streets."

Tell that to the ATA guys........

Latest resources

Back