• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F15 Vs F16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was responding to the guy who mistakenly asserted there was a C model bagged in Iraq by hostile air forces. And I'm fairly certain I'm not your "brother".

104 to ZERO (in ACTUAL COMBAT, a.k.a. the "real deal").

Irrelevant arguement, unless we have another war between the states and the ANG units go at each other. Highly unlikely, in my view.

Both are excellent airplanes. Against our current potential enemies, we out-class them in both terms of machine and pilot. Air supreamacy is job one and that's usually taken care of in a couple of hours. Then on it's a strategic/tactical bombing campaign. My d**k is bigger than your d**k arguements usually conclude with everyone being a big d**k.

Re: FB-15

RueterF16 said:
First, why would you want to be down low at night to begin with?? Second, the Viper does everything the FB-15 does at the cost of only one crewmember.

Why would you want to go low? Three words: Double Digit SAMs. If you're marching into Afghanistan with it's two SA-2s and one inoperable SA-3 in the *entire* country, it's an easy choice to waltz in at medium altitude. See what the JFACC decides the plan is, though, if we ever decide to go into a country with a real IADS. Pick up Jane's and look at who owns the SA-10, SA-12, and SA-20, and tell me how you'd feel about going in medium altitude against those countries before we throw 300 Tomahawks and CALCMs at them. I bet it's in the weeds and at night.

Everything that the 15E can do with less people? Don't make me laugh.

First of all, regardless of what C-model and Viper pukes say, there are no style points lost by having two dudes in the airplane. If you think differently, ask Robin Olds and Steve Ritchie about it and see what they say.

Second, did you miss that whole part about dropping Paveway IIIs from the weeds and shooting AGM-130s in my previous post? How many BLU-113 Bunker Busters did Vipers drop in WW-Kosovo and OEF? Oh, yeah...none, because they can't. How about a low-alt GBU-24 self guide or launching and guiding an AGM-130? Can't be done with one person, friend, and thus can't be done in the Fighting Falcon, heh heh. It's got nothing to do with not being manly enough to handle it alone...it's got everything to do with task management. You can't avoid the rocks, react to the threats, *and* guide the weapons. That's why Vipers don't fly low with LANTIRN and drop LGBs anymore.

Nice try, but no dice.

Again, I respect that the Viper is good at the mission it was designed for. Just as the Strike Eagle is very good at the mission *it* was designed for.

Since Mud Eagle has shacked all the factual info, I'll offer up some good natured ribbing -

F-16 bumper stickers seen lately...

Lean, Mean, Flameout Machine.
I SHALL RETURN... Well, I might.
Mach Nix.
The F-16. Takes a licking, and takes a licking.
Have you hugged your chute today?
This Vehicle Makes Frequent Stops.
I came. I saw. I bingo'd.
No deposit, no return.
We've spent so much money on this thing, we can't afford to admit that we were wrong.
A triumph of style over substance.
The best darn second place fighter in the world.
Instead of a CAS mod, we're going to install a roll bar.
And now, with this LANTIRN thing and our new Block 40s, we can hit the ground at NIGHT!
We cover the target like a thong bikini.
And BINGO is my Name-O.
We crash more airplanes before 9-o'clock than most people crash all day.
Your courtesy appreciated. Please replace your divots.
A war record exceeding even the B-1's.
Last in the talent show but first in the swimsuit competition.
Lose a few…lose a few.
Feet and knees together, eyes on the horizon...
Designated no-hitter.
Everything you wanted in a fighter…and less.
Optimist: F-16 pilot who is afraid of dying from cancer.
Only Michael Jackson is more manly.
Hey, today we didn't lose a single jet.
This is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you.
User friendly... if you've got three hands.
If we have a war with BDUs, we've got 'em beat.
Careful, Badguys... I'm carrying BOTH bombs today. I'm talkin' wall-to-wall MK-84s pal.

If I carried more weapons, and if I had enough gas, and if...I could actually hit the target, and if had some REALLY expensive electronics so I could find you, and if my motor didn't quit, and if my wings didn't crack, boy, I'd really teach you a lesson!

Obviously you MudHen guys have too much free time on your hands... Maybe you should use it learning how to employ your weapom system....

P*n*s envy I guess

It seems to me that you eagle guys have had your cranium and ego bashed in one too many times by a Viper.

But I'm happy to see that I really struck a nerve with the flamers...er... I mean Eagle drivers.

Gun a Viper.....yeah right!

It's funny that Viper dudes seem to be the first ones to initiate a d-ck measuring contest....

...and always the ones to say "just kidding, man!" or "I was just doing it to get a rise from you (sts) Ego drivers" when they can't respond with an actual argument.

Maybe it's because they fly a toy jet?

Hey, all kidding aside, Rueter and av8, do you guys still fly your little fighter with the AFRES or ANG?

Mud Eagle

I'm retired,
Since last year, If there was a good reserve unit around flying either jet, I would be there in a heartbeat. Unfortunately there aren't that many around.... I suppose I could always go fly tankers. But, maybe I'll wait until the 767 comes on board...
By the way, I flown both airframes, and I prefer the flight characteristics of the Viper. Not that there is anything really wrong with the Eagle. I just like to hank your chains (STS).

I don't believe I made any disparaging remarks re: the Fighting Falcon. I merely pointed out the stellar combat record of the F-15C. You can take all the shots you want, but I know of no time when an enemy 'leaker" got through an Eagle formation to wreak havoc on a strike package, (or even cause them to lean, for that matter). I know of no instance when a tanker, AWACS, Compass Call, RJ, U-2 or any other HVAA got bagged when Eagles manned the HVAA CAP. I'm fairly certain no Fencers, Frogfeet or any other air-to-ground bandit ever slipped through an Eagle CAP to drop ordnance on our troops in the rear (sts). And if any of you guys ever suited up for the "real deal", I bet it made you feel better to know there was an 8-ship of Eagles out front led by a couple of patch wearers. As far as the "ego" thing, I also never met an Eagle driver who didn't understand that Air Superiority is mission support. Sending frag and an overpressure wave through a gomer's kitchen is the primary objective. And I for one was always happy to help.

Latest resources

Back