F/O's can you relate?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Leave the hotel as a crew.

Ca's know better (apparently not in your case) about hotel showtimes, fa's are another story.

well if they are good FA's they ususaly leave the room with the capt.

no, if they're good FA's they'll leave the room as soon as the deed is done to let me catch a few Z's before showtime

BlackPilot628 said:
They still think of us as Copilots and not First Officers; they just don't know.

"I didn't know the copilot flies". I soon got tired of explaining my functions as a first officer.

Dude, you're getting worked up over a silly title. Copilot, First Officer, who cares? It's the same job. Your functions as a First Officer? Yep, same functions as a copilot. It's just a silly name game to stroke our egos, no big deal. Perhaps we should change the title to "Right Seater Extraordinaire" to make us feel even more extra special??

But that's just me, a 7 year B737 copilot... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Man, I just read your post again....You need to practice in your best NY accent, "Yo, Gimme those papers!" At about question #2 or 3 by said hill-billy boy gate agent I would have busted that out. You're doing your job, you're in the right, and he's trying to keep you from doing it. Politeness goes out the window f'him.

next time I am keep'n the pimp hand strong and goin all Ike on his ass!

dispatcher121 said:
What get's me is when CX changes the FO for the flight (we are the last one's to know when there's been a crew change here at QX) and the new FO calls and wants the release amended to add his/her name.

Note: Since the FO's name is not a mandated requirement and only on there for the crew's convenience, it's not required to amend the release for an FO's name.
Are you saying you don't want me selcalling you anymore?

That hurts, man...that really hurts.

BlackPilot628 said:
Yeah if the gate agent won't give you the paper work. I would do just that as well. Put the delay on the gate agent.

It's okay....we input the delay codes. :D

Since we still radio in the out and off times, if we're pretty close and treat the crew well (plug in the air-conditioning cart) we usually get on time departures.

What burns me is when an inbound arrives late, we turn it in 15 minutes and still take a station delay.

I'll give the release to whichever crew member wants it. I have to check all their IDs anyhow.

Not a bad idea....

Post flight brief....

"In the morning just load ramp fuel, complete the cockpit check, one cream, one sugar, and I'll be here 3 minutes prior to push. If you would do all the legs eastbound in the morning, that would be nice too. Did I show you how to sign my name? Did you ever write T P S reports? Just wondering..."

Know we know what happened to Peter Gibbons after Milton burned down the office... He is a Captain at your airline.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back