• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-35C passed the Critical Design Review

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boys, boys, boys, let's all relax. No need for internet big d!ck contests here. We're all gonna end up flying widebodys in the end. When we're 63 and using trifocals to fly the ILS it won't matter what we did "back in the day."

The JSF should have a gun.
Yes, but the USAF wants it internal, which is creating engineering/design issues. The USN/USMC want the gun that you can hang on the nose, not internally. As I understand it, once the early portion of a conflict is past, and Low Observables are not as important, the plan is to hang hardpoints on the F-35 and use it more traditionally. Same with the gun.
Too bad the USAF is insisting on this issue.
And, yes, I'm aware of "the gun history of Vietnam".

It is all in fun...but where the hell did "stool pusher" come from?? Haven't heard that one before.

as in one who pushes one's stool in. . . (not a bar stool. . more like poop). more of a comment on sexual orientation, less a comment on one's airframe of choice. .

as in one who pushes one's stool in. . . (not a bar stool. . more like poop). more of a comment on sexual orientation, less a comment on one's airframe of choice. .

Look, man, whatever cute nicknames y'all develop for each other in the Castro district should stay there...don't bring your homo lingo to these parts anymore.

If you're gonna use a term like that why not go all the way with something like "Sh!t Stabber". That way there's no confusion.:D
Doctors call the stuff "stool".

Yes, but the USAF wants it internal, which is creating engineering/design issues. The USN/USMC want the gun that you can hang on the nose, not internally. As I understand it, once the early portion of a conflict is past, and Low Observables are not as important, the plan is to hang hardpoints on the F-35 and use it more traditionally. Same with the gun.
Too bad the USAF is insisting on this issue.
And, yes, I'm aware of "the gun history of Vietnam".
CTOL version is already designed with the internal gun. STOVL and CV will hang it. Problem was solved quite a while ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back