F-22 vs SU-37...

TMMT

Total Time
Alot
Well I got distracted by all the pics of the women at the top...

Data

Total Time
6000+
Yes. Although I couldn't read more than about 30 seconds worth of that site before I wanted to stab myself in the eye.
Try to get to the 3rd or 4th page, this Russian guy claims that the reason the Russians use 486 processors is because Pentiums processors are flawed and aren't as accurate as the 486. It's comical but frustrating to read.

Gunfighter

Total Time
Try to get to the 3rd or 4th page, this Russian guy claims that the reason the Russians use 486 processors is because Pentiums processors are flawed and aren't as accurate as the 486. It's comical but frustrating to read.
The original Pentium processor had an error in the floating point calculation unit. Intel acknowledged the problem in late 1994 and corrected the error on subsequent processors. The affected processors were from the 60, 66 and 100 mHZ family of CPUs. The 120 mHZ and above processors were release after the error was corrected.

If you want all of the geek info on the specific FPU error, google pentium floating point unit.

SIG600

Total Time
It's a stupid argument anyway. The computers in the F/A-18C are probably comparable to a commodore 64 or less (an Atari), and I'd take a slick Hornet with JHMCS against a Flanker either BVR or WVR anyday.

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Total Time
5000+
F-22? The plane that can't fly in the rain?

I think an F-15 with a good crew can beat the F-22 anyday.

Huggyu2

Live to fly; fly to live
Total Time
9000+
Satpak,
I think your post is so far off that those "in the know" won't even bother to post. No offense, but it's laughable.

Beaver79

Total Time
Satpak,
I think your post is so far off that those "in the know" won't even bother to post. No offense, but it's laughable.
It's extremely funny to read his posts though....unfortunately, some people believe that the NY Times has an informed position on 5th gen fighters....

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Total Time
5000+
Hey this is flightinfo, don't get your tampons soiled because I said the your favorite airplane (insert favorite plane) sucks

Lynxman

Total Time
F-22? The plane that can't fly in the rain?

I think an F-15 with a good crew can beat the F-22 anyday.
I once heard a story about an Air Force general retiring that was an F15 pilot and wanted to go and have one last flight before retiring. Story has it that it he loved the F15 and didn't think the 22 was all that great. Well apparantly it was 4 or 5 F-15's vs a lone F-22 and guess what not one could take out the F-22. I heard this 3 or 4 years ago from a General that visited us while I was in ROTC so I can't verify its truthfulness, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

timmay

Total Time
5000+
I once heard a story about an Air Force general retiring that was an F15 pilot and wanted to go and have one last flight before retiring. Story has it that it he loved the F15 and didn't think the 22 was all that great. Well apparantly it was 4 or 5 F-15's vs a lone F-22 and guess what not one could take out the F-22. I heard this 3 or 4 years ago from a General that visited us while I was in ROTC so I can't verify its truthfulness, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.
I thought I read recently that the 22 has gone 10 on 1 with the 15 and not been defeated? I would hope that for the price of the F22 that nothing can touch it.

Lynxman

Total Time
I like the Eagle way better than the Raptor but it still doesn't compare to new technology.

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
With the average Russian pilot getting 50 hours a year, I wonder how proficient they are.