• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-22 pilot may or may have not violated OPSEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
let's not post any of the details here, if there was in fact a violation.

I can guarantee you there are would-be terrorists lurking in this forum.

Yeah because the Taliban are trying to figure out how to modify their camels to take advantage of the F-22's vulnerabilities :rolleyes:

Yeah because the Taliban are trying to figure out how to modify their camels to take advantage of the F-22's vulnerabilities :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised. Not the Taliban or anything like that, and probably not this forum. However, some of the sites out there (like f16.net) have a HEAVY foreign presence on them. Likely Chinese, Indian, Russian, Israeli types.

You'd be stunned at the info they can gather from seemingly innocuous posts. Maintainers, pilots, engineers...all have a propensity for confirming / denying things. Put enough together and you can get a relatively accurate picture of capes and tactics. THAT could be a problem someday.

No idea what you said, but love your avatar! :)

You'd be surprised. Not the Taliban or anything like that, and probably not this forum. However, some of the sites out there (like f16.net) have a HEAVY foreign presence on them. Likely Chinese, Indian, Russian, Israeli types.

You'd be stunned at the info they can gather from seemingly innocuous posts. Maintainers, pilots, engineers...all have a propensity for confirming / denying things. Put enough together and you can get a relatively accurate picture of capes and tactics. THAT could be a problem someday.

Well yeah I understand international agents gathering information. Its just laughable to me the idea of terrorists getting anything useful out of it.

You may be right concerning the F-22 and the taliban, but these sites provide many seemingly innocuous statements that can be used as intelligence.

Example, pre 9/11 someone asks what day of the week has historically the lightest loads for non reving. Innocent question that no one would have a problem answering. Just a fellow pilot trying to commute.

Now these guys know what day their plan has the highest probability of success due to the least amount of people on the plane. Guess what day of the week the attacks happened on?

Did that happen, no. Can you find that info elsewhere, yes. but I just provide it as an example of how something that is meaningless and throw away to those in the know has value to those on the outside looking in.

Well yeah I understand international agents gathering information. Its just laughable to me the idea of terrorists getting anything useful out of it.

BTW, great avatar. Much better then the last one I remember from you.

All of us who have actually been involved in operations against terrorists take any information they can us against us very seriously. It's the puzzle approach. Many small peices make the larger picture. These rag heads are smarter than you think and they use every piece of info we give them against us.

Also, our "strategic partner" China is very capable of using any small bit of info to improve there war fighting ability. Just look at there new J-10 fighter, look familiar? You can bet that they funnel info to our terrorist enemies.

Instructor dude where and what is the Air Force Training Academey?

Instructor dude where and what is the Air Force Training Academey?

Colorado Springs. I considered going there during my senior year HS but didn't like all the structure and not gettin a guranteed pilot training assignment. You don't join the Air Force to be on the ground, so I passed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back