• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-22 pilot may or may have not violated OPSEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
let's not post any of the details here, if there was in fact a violation.

I can guarantee you there are would-be terrorists lurking in this forum.

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago. It was making the rounds through the "bro network" with lightning speed. Before any of you guys jump on here to defend this guy, just remember who it was that sent this into cyberspace - other "bros." This thing never should've made it out of the OSI unit at DM, much less spread around to the entire AF.

It sounds like this guy may have been treated unfairly, but everyone in the operational community should know that individual pieces of unclassified information can often be put together to glean classified info. Chatboards and places like myspace can be a gold mine of information to bad guys about your job, your identity, and your personal info. The same can be said about those cute stickers on the back of your SUV - the ones with soccer balls and baseballs that say "Morgan," "Piper," and "Alex," along with numbers and team names. How much information do YOU give out on a daily basis?

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago. It was making the rounds through the "bro network" with lightning speed. Before any of you guys jump on here to defend this guy, just remember who it was that sent this into cyberspace - other "bros." This thing never should've made it out of the OSI unit at DM, much less spread around to the entire AF.

:confused: I've gotten nothing from the "bros" on this. The only thing I've seen was a VERY official powerpoint unclassified briefing on the details of the situation. It was given by our intel officer last drill on directive from on high. It had OSI, FBI, Homeland security and one other logo on the title page and was not a "local product". It contained excerpts from his posts as well as responses and highlighted the problem areas. There was nothing "bro" about it and the intent was educational and awareness of the threat (i.e. learn from this guys mistakes, improve OPSEC, etc.).

For what it's worth, we got an email on Monday from some dude at ACC about that Power Point Presentation. It was released prematurely and has since been resended(sp?). If you have further questions about this email PM me and I can forward it to you.

What an idiot. You'd think some one who graduated from the Air Force Training Academey would have better sense. This is about our national security and shouldn't be taken lighetly.

This did get zapped around the bros via email before it got to us via "official" channels.

I only have one thing to say on this matter: What's an F-22?

Latest resources

Back