• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-117: 2 Year Life Expectancy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually tax revenue is at near record hi levels. There was an article in the wsj about a month ago that detailed how supply side works, again. Our defecit is a spending problem, and no tax revenue number will overcome our current spending/entitlement problem.

The F-22 will carry more bombs than the 117, especially with SDB. Sure, the SDB may not pack as much of a punch but there are a lot of targets out there that you don't need as much punch to take them out.

StaySeated said:
Actually tax revenue is at near record hi levels. There was an article in the wsj about a month ago that detailed how supply side works, again. Our defecit is a spending problem, and no tax revenue number will overcome our current spending/entitlement problem.
Entitlements? Oh, you mean the entitlements being given to the Iraqis and Afgahns? Another 60B on request Friday from the White House to Congress for Iraq. Yes, I understand now, those entitlements.

Stupid?

>>That's going to happen regardless. Whoever is next is going to have to raise taxes to pay off this massive federal debt, just like Bush1 and Clinton had to do to clean up Reagan's mess. IT'S SIMPLE MATH, STUPID!!!!<<

Congress, not the Executive Branch, enacts budgets. If there is a budget deficit, Congress is to blame, not the President. Stupid is as stupid does, sir.

floater_b2 said:
The F-22 will carry more bombs than the 117, especially with SDB. Sure, the SDB may not pack as much of a punch but there are a lot of targets out there that you don't need as much punch to take them out.

Sure, and a Mini-Cooper will carry more bombs than an F-22, if you just load it with tiny little bombs.

I'm not sure, but can't the F-117 carry 2 2000lb bombs?

JimNtexas said:
Sure, and a Mini-Cooper will carry more bombs than an F-22, if you just load it with tiny little bombs.

I'm not sure, but can't the F-117 carry 2 2000lb bombs?

Jim, do you know what SDB stands for? Any idea what the program is about? I love big bangs...fun to watch. However, there is a reason a Mk-84 has a half mile frag pattern. If an SDB can have a 3m accuracy, don't you think 2k lb is a little overkill? The times are a changin'....we can kill more with less today. Don't show your age.

MAGNUM!! said:
Jim, do you know what SDB stands for? Any idea what the program is about? I love big bangs...fun to watch. However, there is a reason a Mk-84 has a half mile frag pattern. If an SDB can have a 3m accuracy, don't you think 2k lb is a little overkill? The times are a changin'....we can kill more with less today. Don't show your age.
Yes I do. Small Diameter bomb, used to fight the todays war and to rationalize the money wasted on the F-22. It is a disaster in the making if we ever have a conflict with an actual orgainized military force, as opposed to urban terrorists.

Of course if the only wars in the future are against terrorists we pretty much can retire all the F-15, F-16, and certainly don't need B-2s, F-22s, or F-35s.

I've forgotten more about this stuff than you'll ever know, kid.

MAGNUM!! said:

I've been about 1 mile from an 84 going off. Definitely gets your attention. Big bangs? You should see it from the ground. :) But I agree with Jim. When we go to North Korea, were gonna need those big 2000 pounders and lots of 'em. GBU-39 is great if you've got 5 abduls huddled in a 400 year old mud hut to smoke, but what about when the target is a battalion of crazed Koreans or Chinese in fortified positions?

Magnum buddy, don't mess with JimNTexas! :beer:

You may be a new Weasel, but Ol' Jim's been there done that and has the T shirt...and I might have helped him get there back in the day. ;)

Just yanking your chain sir. :)

http://wildweasels.org/ Ought to join up.

Latest resources

Back