• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F-105s at San Antonio, Lackland AFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a friend who flew both extensively in vietnam and he claimed the thud was substantially faster on the deck than the phantom. .

I have a friend who flew both extensively in vietnam and he claimed the thud was substantially faster on the deck than the phantom. .

I think there were a couple weapons competitions where there were both F-105s and F-15s. Rumor had it the F-105s outran F-15s at Red Flag 80-2

When I went through BMT in 1986, they were used for flightline security training.

I think there were a couple weapons competitions where there were both F-105s and F-15s. Rumor had it the F-105s outran F-15s at Red Flag 80-2

That's not a feat worthy of note. First, a Thud could outrun just about anything. Second, the Eagle is one of the slower aircraft out there on the deck. I don't think there's another fighter flying now that can't run it down.

I heard a story about a TV outage on part of the east coast during a Superbowl in the late 60's or early '70s.

According to the story, shortly after the outage occurred a VA ANG F105 landed at NHK with a considerable length of transmission tower embedded in a leading edge.

Just a story.

I heard a story about a TV outage on part of the east coast during a Superbowl in the late 60's or early '70s.

According to the story, shortly after the outage occurred a VA ANG F105 landed at NHK with a considerable length of transmission tower embedded in a leading edge.

Just a story.

I know of a NJ F-4 guy who landed with shingles and other parts of his brother's farmhouse roof in the external fuel tank and wing. He retired from Delta several years ago.

I know of a NJ F-4 guy who landed with shingles and other parts of his brother's farmhouse roof in the external fuel tank and wing. He retired from Delta several years ago.

ahhhh he flew into the proverbial "Cone of Stupidity" that often surrounds your relatives house, at times when one is flying an airplane. People fly into that cone and do stupid things.

Lots of pilots have been killed doing impromptu airshows for family. There was an AFRES F-16 that found his parents barn in TX a while back, but unfortunately without quite the same ending as the above mentioned F-4.

Latest resources

Back