• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

extreme crosswind landings...BOEING Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whoa, pretty awesome video! I wonder how many sets of tires they went through? Haven't heard that song in a long, long time either.

Yikes - it be the camera angle of the shot but I bet that last pass required the PF to lean way forward in his seat in order to maintain a visual with runway!

How does the rear landing gear hit sideways like that? Can they pivot and turn slightly or do they just hope it doesn't snap off?

Most F/O's I've flown with use the technique demonstrated in this video. Land, and watch the airplane inertia fix everything...

I know the 737 main gear do caster slightly. That's why they look funny crooked taxiing around. Even the CRJ-700 has some limited caster in the main gear. Peace out-

ms6073 said:
Yikes - it be the camera angle of the shot but I bet that last pass required the PF to lean way forward in his seat in order to maintain a visual with runway!

More like leaned back and looked out the side window.

Looks like it may be footage from Boeing's test strip out near Moses Lake, WA. Dusty, windy...impressive dust devils out there!

9GClub said:
Sweet video!

Why aren't these guys getting rid of the crab before touchdown?
They lessen the crab, but if they got out of it fully, they'd lose runway alignment in wind that strong.

I guess.

Latest resources

Back