Extending Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greed!?!

I am willing to bet that all of you out there who are so opposed to the higher age amendment would be singing a different tune if you were pushing 59 and facing forced retirement. If wanting to fly after 60 is greed then what is wanting to fly before that? I fail to see the greed here. Do you think none of those who want to keep flying have never been through a similiar downturn in aviation, faced furloughs, been thrown out on the street when thier airline went out of business. Another poster said they can keep flying just do it somewhere else, why don't you go somewhere else if it is so easy. Also it seems that some of you think that every pilot about to turn sixty is a Boeing 747-400 Capt. making 300k per annum. Get real. If there is a plausible medical reason why a pilot can not pilot an airplane with lots of pax after they turn sixty then I would love to hear it if not quit bitchin. Greed? whatever. Just remember you will probably appreciate at least the choice of continuing to fly when your turn comes. VOTE YES!

Age 60

I have to agree with DairyAir's comment inferring that those who are against a change in the age 60 rule could sing a different tune when they reach their late 50's. It's easy to bash middle agers when you are far off from those years and have time going for you.

Airline pilots survived many furloughs and family changes in the airline business only to find themselves poor while looking at the age 60 finish line. Any of you who doubt that could happen to you may want to think about the change in your perspective when you are in your 50's.

I can't speak from experience being on the corporate side, but only from watching friends go through it on the airline side.

CC

Latest resources

Back