• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet-United Express?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean like the "trial" ExpressJet ALREADY did for UAL previously?

That's true.. I just see UAL reducing TSA's flights and I think Mesa as well. My thoughts were that they might be putting ExpressJet to take over those routes. Only time will tell I guess... It's one big juggling act!

Tough to say if it will turn into a long term agreement. Facts are that there was a 3 airplane agreement last year for about two weeks. The current flying is roughly 10 planes for the summer. IF XJT does a good job at a good price why wouldn't United want to do more business if other competitors didn't perform as well?

That's true.. I just see UAL reducing TSA's flights and I think Mesa as well. My thoughts were that they might be putting ExpressJet to take over those routes. Only time will tell I guess... It's one big juggling act!

Tough to say if it will turn into a long term agreement. Facts are that there was a 3 airplane agreement last year for about two weeks. The current flying is roughly 10 planes for the summer. IF XJT does a good job at a good price why wouldn't United want to do more business if other competitors didn't perform as well?

As I stated above, if UAL needs the additional lift on a long term basis, I'd rather see it go back to mainline.

But if we're talking about how they are going to allocate "regional" flying. It would be nice if XJT was to secure a "long term" deal with UAL. But being realistic, there's a few things that need to be in place. It would have to be MORE than just 10 airplanes to really be worth it for XJT. If the deal was for more than 10 airplanes, where are they going to come from? YES, I know XJT has airframes sitting around, but if UAL needs a larger count, where will they come from? It would affect the charter cash cow. And I know, everybody's knee jerk answer is "Mesa". Just don't see it happening.

Who and were is the money going to come from for airplanes if UAL wants more? XJT isn't exactly in a strong financial position. To top it off, the management at XJT in their infinite wisdom has already determined that the 50 seat airframe is the future. The 50 seat aircraft will always have a need, but not nearly as much as we see it being used now.

JMHO, but these short term temporary deals are not going to set a good precedent. If "regionals" have airframes sitting around that can be staffed on short notice, what is to stop that from becoming an emerging trend in the relationships between the legacy carriers the "regionals" that fly for them? It could get harder and harder for "regional" airline CEO's to secure "long term" contracts with legacy carriers.

Could this be a "trial" run for a long term agreement with ExpressJet?

Why would it be a "trial" run? They employ Mesa don't they? What could they be trying out for, they're not sure xjet could handle a contract? It's all about the money.

becasue mesa and go jets will fly for less

It's coming from Chautauqua. We are losing 9 or so United 145s in November. We're all square now. :)

Why would it be a "trial" run? They employ Mesa don't they? What could they be trying out for, they're not sure xjet could handle a contract? It's all about the money.

It would be a trial because I'm sure ExpressJet has pushed their almost untouchable dispatch dependability compared to other UAX carriers. It's a time to prove what they say they can do!

they going to paint those things? I was suprised to show up to work today and see the BTAs out of the F gates. It just doesn't look right.

Latest resources

Back